[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my aftermarket headunit stopped working I replaced the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

So my aftermarket headunit stopped working
I replaced the original because 18 year old me couldnt live without an AUX....
I want to put the original back in because I now realise how good stock looks
I took off the headunit to inspect how to do it myself
>come across pic related
hack job with wires spliced together and the original plugs missing
the stock headunit is a 6 stacker they seem to have only made for a year maximum and the internet barely has records of it so no hope in getting a wiring diagram let alone replacement plugs

no hope in getting a wring harness to go to standard ISO either because mis matched plugs

so...is there a way to wire in the old head unit at all? or am I basically stuck with getting another replacement trashy looking aftermarket one
>>
>>15437801
close up of the wires
>>
>>15437802
basically the black connection is what was in the back of my sony trashunit, the white plug on the far right is 1/2 that went into the back of the old unit, but half the wires are cut out of the back
(the 2 left plugs go into the heater controls)
>>
What I had to do for my ex's car was go to a junkyard and get a wiring harness and find a wiring diagram and solder/heatshrink the junkyard harness in. I know that's not very helpful considering you can't find a wiring diagram for your unit, but short of testing every single wire to see what it does, I dunno what else you can do.
>>
>>15437801
Year, make, and model of car?
>>
>>15437802
oh wow they actually ran new speaker wire
>>
stereo wiring is pretty damn simple.

Red is bat+
Yellow is ign+
Blue is antennae
Black is ground

The rest of the wires are speaker + and -
>>
>>15437925
White pair is Front Left, Gray pair is Front Right, Purple pair is Rear Right, Green pair is Rear Left
>>
>>15437930

If you're not sure which is which, you can just get a regular battery and hold the leads to each end of it, you'll hear that speaker making noise

The + and - is usually noted on the wire, but you can generally wire it backwards too and you probably won't notice a difference.
>>
>>15437955
Black striped wires are supposed to be the negative ones, so trace then from the aftermarket harness. If you mix them up the wrong way by guessing then one speaker wired one polarity and another opposite will cancel each other out
>>
>>15437914
2002 toyota (australia) avalon vxi
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.