[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As someone who's never driven a real performance car, what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

As someone who's never driven a real performance car, what's the deal with all these videos of people sliding their new cars into telephone poles all the time? Are RWD V8s really that hard to drive or are these people retarded?

I've owned a couple RWD cars (Miata and W124) and even though it wasn't that hard to spin them I assume with a V8 you'd just be more careful with the gas.
>>
no one can drive

I drove a big block El Camino when I was young and didnt crash
>>
>>15432700
They are harder to drive than RWD cars with less horsepower. You just need to be more careful like you said. With a Miata you can floor it at the wrong time and you might get a little wheel spin but nothing major. Try hitting the gas at the wrong time in a 500 hp RWD car and you can spin out fairly easily if you panic or don't know what you're doing. Most of the people you're talking about are retarded and trying to show off.
>>
>>15432700
They're retarded

They think they'll look cool doing a burnout, all fine
Then the car slides out in one direction, they countersteer
The car starts to pick up speed, so they let off with the front wheels still pointed towards a side of the road
This causes the car to jerk to one side
They overcorrect and crash
If they would just keep the throttle down they would be fine
>>
fags want to dorifto. or do something else they think is cool.

They pay the price for it.
>>
>>15432717

That's what I like about the Miata. You can basically drive it with the pedal to the floor around a suburban town and the worst you'll get is some hektik skids in the rain.
>>
Ive owned 340whp and now a 365whp car. Some of it can be attributed to chassis/suspension. My old car when floored it was a butt Puckering type of feel, while the new car laughs at my pathetic attempts. Like someone else said, gotta stay in it and slowly ease off the throttle. Last thing you want is grip during the time you wanted no grip. Also knowing your car. But most of these people are idiots.
>>
>>15432700
Honestly I think it's just retards. I'm not a great driver, I won't claim to be and I have no experience racing or drifting. I can say that I've had a manual 5.0 coyote for about 4 months and haven't crashed it. I've turned off traction control and gave it some gas going around corners. All you have to do is back off the throttle when the ass end starts to swing around. Seems like in a lot of these videos the people just keep their foot all the way into it as the car is swinging all over the place until it's too late. I just don't understand why you would do that.
>>
>>15432700

they have big sticky tires and too much power

sticky tires don't want to give up traction, so you hit the gas and spin the tires, the car starts moving, and as you accelerate the speed of the tires becomes more in-line with how fast the car is moving. so there gets to a point where the tires will get traction (usually abruptly if you have high/max performance tires) and if you're pointed the wrong direction you're gonna head that way regardless of whether you want to or not

if you're gonna do skids, use some cheap tires. the traction will be easier to feel slip away and come back and you won't plow head-first into the tahoe of an attorney
>>
the mentally challenged tend to gravitate to mustangs and camaros

it's the same demographic that is obsessed with "buying american", despite the fact that buying domestic cars merely serves to prop up godless cabals like the UAW
>>
Mustang/Camaros are the iPhones of the car world, so you'll get people who want to "go fast", who've never driven a car beyond moms Odyssey minivan, and floor it into the nearest crowd of pedestrians.
>>
>>15432717
In most videos where some guy crashes a muscle car they either don't countersteer at all or fuck up when the rear tires regain traction. Guess the latter is more difficult and I would also fuck it up.
>>
>>15432700
It's not that they're harder to drive, but it's easier to expose a lack of skill with 300kW than it is with 150kW.
>>
>>15433897
>300kW than it is with 150kW

>europoor
>>
>>15432712
>I drove a big block El Camino when I was young
wanna fuck
>>
>>15432700
Miata is worlds apart from a mustang. They have nothing in common except for 4 wheels.

Old performance cars and mustangs are very cheap. Means anyone can buy them, including shitty drivers. So you get a lot of people who can't handle the power trying to show off the power.
>>
>>15432700
If you watch those vids, most of the guys that crash stay in the gas way longer than they have any business to.
>>
>>15434868
arenĀ“t australiens the only ones that use that?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.