[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>harbor freight torque wrench Any good? I've heard they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 6610660.jpg (42KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
6610660.jpg
42KB, 500x335px
>harbor freight torque wrench

Any good? I've heard they save money by having no QC. So some of them are fine tools and others are just shit.

Should I just stick to kobalt or husky for a cheap torque wrench? I need ft-lb and inch-lb.
>>
>>15430338
No complaints from my kobalt one.
>>
File: 1467088876877.jpg (114KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1467088876877.jpg
114KB, 500x667px
Has anyone tested cheaper brands against brands like snap on or proto?

Are torque wrenches the one thing you shouldn't skimp on?
>>
>>15430338
I had this same question. Bought 1/2 and 3/8 torque wrenches from HB and gave them to my dad who works at a big manufacturing company with a full shop, including torque wrench calibration machines. He tested them for me and one was about a lb off and the other was half a pound off. That was when they were new though. I've had the wrenches a couple years and should have him check them again.
>>
>>15430338
>I've heard they save money by having no QC.

That's basically true. I don't count a test of "DOA" as being real QC. The Cen-Tech multimeter that they are famous for giving away free was 2% off on my ohm meter values. The first meter had totally wrong values as you moved the dial thru the ranges, some meter readings indicated "1" which is quite wrong when the leads are shorted together.

I returned that meter in "resaleable" condition. Ahem. Ahem. Resaleable condition.
>>
Get a Precision Instruments, they are some of the best out there (they make Snap Ons split beams) and you can get one for ~$120
>>
bought one at harbor freight for 10 bucks because the retards at menards didnt know what i meant when i said torque wrench.

it works just fine
>>
>>15430338

I have one a 1/2'' drive HF torque wrench and it works fine for me. I haven't torqued anything over 120 ft lbs but its worked so far.
>>
>>15430457
I use mainly Williams (also made by Snap-On), Mac Tools and some Cornwell stuff. Williams tools can be had for very cheap compared to Snap-On but aren't quite as nice. And yes, a torque wrench is very, very important. There in literally NOTHING wrong with going with Craftsman hand tools like wrenches, hammers and screwdrivers and stick to higher end brands for specialty tools like ratchets, scan tools, etc.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>15430338
I've used an hf 3/8 click type and it's fucking sketchy. The marks on the collar weren't even clocked right. The collar marks might be on "0" but the edge of the collar is half between 20 and 25.

It's worth it to buy the next step up imotbhfam
>>
>>15430962
in some ways i see craftsman as below harborfreight now in quality. Some of the ratchets and sockets coming from HF are pretty damn good, good enough i use them professionally as a mechanic.
>>
1/4 in 3/8 in and 1/2in all from HF. what Matco come in he has a torque guage in his truck. all 3 are spot on. only thing I like about digital torque wrenches is the ability to do degree.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.