[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck are americans talking about when they say civic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

What the fuck are americans talking about when they say civic Si?

What the fuck is a Civic Si and are they good?

Isn't the Si the crap version that doesn't even have a b16?

Fuck is a civic Si and why do Americans always say "Civic Si" when talking about hondas?
>>
>>15426685
Si is the performance model. Hasnt the b16 been out of production since the early 90s?
>>
>>15426718
So the Si is the one with the b16a?

Shouldn't that be SiR or Vti-R?
>>
>>15426685
It's their Type-R
>>
>>15426741
Except it's worse cuz no JDM bits
>>
>>15426733
VTIR- Australian designation for Hondas with DOHC vtec engines in the 90s
SIR I and II-JDM eg and ek hatches with b16 series engines in them
SI - american civics with b16s?
>>
>>15427039
Unsure... We only have Australian and Japanese domestic market civics here.
>>
Simply put the si or (sport injected) civic is their performance civic for the years they made them . They didn't have vtec until 95 and didn't have a dohc version until 1999. The b16 has been out of production since 2000
>>
>>15427050
Excuse me. Correction it's 1992 not 95
>>
>>15427050
so is it a crappy d banger?
>>
>>15427072
Yeah up until 1996
>>
>>15427072
They changed the motor then
>>
>>15427129
So wtf is a civic Si?

So is it a single cam vtec or what???
>>
>>15429964
It varies by generation. The '98-'99 and 2006-2011? Civic Si were pretty good, with high-revving engines similar to (but not as aggressive as) the Type R engines used in some other markets. The Si always lacked some of the weight savings that Type Rs had.

Similar story with the RSX (DC5). We got the second-fastest version, equivalent to the JDM Type-S. No Type-R.

Other generations (like '01-'05 and '12-'16) have used larger-displacement engines that didn't rev high and weren't very interesting.

In Canada, the exact same cars were labeled SiR. What they called the Civic Si was the Civic EX in the US (the highest-trim non-sporty version). That was dumb.
>>
>>15427127
Actually 1998
>>
>>15426685
>>15429964

>retarded anon realized countries use different names for the same cars
>>
>>15426685
Americans say 'That teenagers exhaust is getting annoying' before getting in their truck/suv/crossover and hauling kids away.
>>
So much misinformation ITT /hg/ would literally have a stroke.

1989-1991 Civic Si: D16A6 with SOHC VTEC
1992-1995 Civic Si: D16Z6 with SOHC VTEC
1999-2000 Civic Si: B16 with DOHC VTEC
2002-2005 Civic Si: K20 with DOHC i-VTEC
>>
>>15426718
>out of production since the early nineties
Uhhh no considering the EM1 Si had it in 2000
>>
>>15432726
Thanks, this is the only post that should be in this thread lol
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.