[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post yfw Mopar are involved with producing what is undoubtedly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160712_110207.jpg (2MB, 3120x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160712_110207.jpg
2MB, 3120x3120px
Post yfw Mopar are involved with producing what is undoubtedly the worst diesel engine to ever grace a road
>>
>>15426599
Can't be worse than the Olds 350 diesel. Anyway Chrysler doesn't have much choice since Fiat owns them lock, stock, and barrel.
>>
>>15426607

The Olds 350 diesel is at least redeemable in that the block is strong as fuck and has been used to make ridiculous strokers.

Anything FCA is unredeemable garbage
>>
>>15426607
It's worse. Multiple failures under 20k miles in our fleet of 400. Is this the end for Chrysler? Will anyone be buying an American engine ever again?
>>
>>15426619
Yea, but in stock form the Olds diesel was one of the worst engines GM produced. I know the ecodiesel in the Ram is produced by VM Motors. Is that the one your talking about? What is so bad about it?
>>
>>15426642
>vm
Same VM that made the LDV Maxus engine? Christ almighty
>>
>>15426642
Sorry. I hadn't even heard of VM motors until Chrysler announced a diesel half ton truck. I really didn't pay much attention to it either.
>>
>>15426599

What engine are you talking about? The 1.3 Fiat diesel?
>>
>>15426745
That's a 1.6, which is marginally worse.
>>
>>15426752

What is going wrong with them? Totally missed this one I'm afraid.
>>
>>15426758
The particulate filters in the exhaust are blocking up, the failed regeneration are filling the engine oil with diesel and the successful regeneration are free-revving the cock off an engine with compromised lubrication that wasn't designed to rev in the first place. Guess what's happening
>>
>>15426765
Boom?
>>
>>15426765

Ah, the wonderful world of DPF problems. See quite a lot of that in the UK, even more so now that removing them is now an MOT failure.

Not many fail quite that spectacularly though. They are actually causing diesel runaways? Don't see that often.
>>
>>15426780
Not runaways, just mincing the insides of the engines
>>
>mopar being shit
>news
>>
>>15426599
>Mopar
>producing anything but high power motors, high performance

Coulda had SRT-4s in each of your cars and you didn't so much as ask
>>
>>15426991
>americans think a diesel van is an srt 4
I would make a killing as a used car salesman over there, no wonder you can't build engines
>>
>>15427025
We can build engines, the good ones aren't allowed to be practical
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.