[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a good idea to buy a car with a broken AC? The owner says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: the-wolf-of-wall-street.jpg (45KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
the-wolf-of-wall-street.jpg
45KB, 630x420px
Is it a good idea to buy a car with a broken AC? The owner says he replaced the AC. How much in repair costs am I looking at?
>>
>>15419397
*replaced the AC compressor
>>
>>15419397
no cause then you'll feel stupid for doing so
>>
If he isn't fixing it for the sale, it's probably a broken compressor or something big. Just take $400 off what you'd offer for one with working AC.
>>
>>15419397
Looking at about 400-500 dollars if the compressor is out. if the compressor still is fine (test this by seeing if any cold air is trickling out when driving with it on outdoor air, faster speeds work better) then the fan motor is more then likely out. An A/C fan on my 95 Dakota only cost me about 100 dollars to get a new one and install myself. Shops gonna cost more, maybe 150-250?
>>
>>15419397
The seller has, or has not, replaced the A/C compressor?

If he hasn't, lowball the sale, this is a good excuse to get a discount, where you can then go to a "Pick your part" caryard and get a A/C compressor for $30 bucks.

If he's replaced the compressor and it's not working... could just need a charge of coolant... or there could be pinhole leaks in the coolant line... no way to really say
>>
>>15419397
yes. means you can open the windows like a real man. instead of being cucked by the jew A/C monopoly.
>>
AC is something that will never quite work right again once it goes the first time. You can replace everything but it'll still find a way to leak, or underperform, or the compressor will go bad again.
>>
>>15419397
>How much in repair costs am I looking at?
My GM chevrolet dealer charged $1900 for A/C replacement. That is what I paid in 2015.
>>
The expensive part is getting real R12 to fill the system with.
>>
>>15424509
>My GM chevrolet dealer charged $1900 for A/C replacement.

You get your money's worth when you go to a dealership for service?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.