[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was planning to buy a 2015 passat wolfsburg two days from now,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1456466531378.jpg (161KB, 907x757px) Image search: [Google]
1456466531378.jpg
161KB, 907x757px
I was planning to buy a 2015 passat wolfsburg two days from now, it has 25k miles and its priced at $14k. My boss told me the passat costs way too much to maintain and I'll have so many problems with it that I'll really feel the impact of part costs.

Is he right? What's a better car for my money if i want something that basically says "entry-level luxury" with a spacious interior?
>>
>>15413496
Passat doesn't say entry level luxury at all.
>>
>>15413496
You want a used lexus
>>
Sounds like your kinda cheap so only answer is lexus or acura
>>
>>15413520
really? it feels quite elegant in a conservative way. like a car a professional driver would use. maybe thats just decent looking cars in black, in general haha.

>>15413532
more like kinda poor... i saved for 2 years already.
>>
used lexus look really expensive guys... i dont want an old car with lots of miles either
>>
volvo
>>
Was thinking about doing the same OP.
The 2014s and newer got the new TSI turbos that apparently have peak torque around 1.5k revs, i.e. instant gratification. The 2013s and older have the tried and true 2.5L i5 which I heard is "meh"
I agree about the looks. A clean black Passat would be fucking luxurious (in an understated kind of way) compared to the mom Xovers and shitboxes everyone drives in the burbs.
BUT THAT RELIABILITY HAS ME SECOND GUESSING
Might buy a Camry cuz it's the smart thing to do. But also I'm young so I get to be stupid at least once nah?
>>
>>15413595
I was recommended the camry as well but it looks so lame and common here in Boston...
>>
>>15413496
Its a 2015, isnt it still under warranty?
Its a new car. It'll be as reliable as you want if you take care off it, and other problems should be covered

Whatever you do; dont get the Volvo in your picture
>>
>>15413919
What's wrong with those Volvos?
>>
>>15413496
Vws are only worthwhile if it's a tdi. The dsg requires more frequent maintenance. The new Passat is shit. It's German in name only. Designed and built by Americans for Americans. The cc is closer to the euro Passat.
>>
>>15413496
>My boss told me the passat costs way too much to maintain
why do you work for retards.
>>
Suddenly the 2015 Camry XSE V6 has my full attention, the vw is looking lame in comparison.

Why are the brakes the same as the 4cyl on the v6 version? Scary.

What's scarier is the monthly payments i'll have to put down. But man this interior is nice...
>>
File: 1464745103259.jpg (35KB, 750x849px) Image search: [Google]
1464745103259.jpg
35KB, 750x849px
>>15416409
Why would it need different brakes? Why are you scared of those brakes? Where did they touch you?
>>
>>15415875
Loud, drinks fuel like its nobodys business, tips over a bit too easily, underpowered, slow, parts are expensive, and for that one in particular; the ambulance fibreglass top is a bitch to remove, so you can't really just take the top off to enjoy a summer cruise with your mates
>>
>>15416409
I rented one for a week when I was in AZ last month and it was really nice. Some parts of the interior like the central storage cubby feel cheap as shit but the rest of the car isn't bad at all. Go for it if you can makes the strokes
>>
>>15418797
was it the v6? i read the 4cylinder is noisy. i dont really need the jump in power with a v6, but it would be way cooler to have it. that criticism of the 4cyl turns me off from it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.