[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, i have pic related but problem is i never used drive this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Guys, i have pic related but problem is i never used drive this big car and i newly got my driving licence, im not really pro, so is there any helpful video about how to reverse parking, turning, etc. Also any tips for what i should look and care with this big car? Reverse parking/turning, turning narrow streets, etc pain in the ass for me.
>>
>>15398667
Practice in empty parking lots, it werks.
Source: I drive an Odyessy.
>>
>>15398667

I started driving on a peugeot 807, if you park, make sure you go slow and use your mirrors. That's some pretty basic stuff, but the most important I tend to forget this from time to time. If you can get acoustic parking sensors this will help a lot too.
>>
>>15399260
>>15399369
Thanks, i have parking sensors but i dont live near parking lots, thanks for tips, i think practice is most important part.
>>
>>15398667
Remember where your wheels are. This helps immensely. It sounds stupid but isn't.
Watch a few episodes of Canada's Worst Driver and you'll see what I'm on about.

episodes are here:
isveni dot com
>>
>>15398667
GIT GUD
>>
>>15398667
It's easy to practice parallel parking. Get two large cardboard boxes, a piece of chalk, and a tape measure.

LESSON #1: Practice getting closer than 12 inches to curb without hitting it.
On the street in front of your house, or some other place where there are few cars, practice parallel parking with no cars nearby. Don't try this with tall curbs if you can choose a place with low curbs or sloped curbs. You can practice parking in front of your driveway since there is no curb to scratch your rim there. Park, watch for traffic, get out and see how close you are. Leave all doors unlocked or carry spare keys in other pocket to avoid being locked out.

Lesson #2:
Put cardboard boxes on street. Measure 2 car lengths spacing. Chalk line on street to show if your car hits box and moves them. Hitting a box is fail with such a huge space.

Lesson #3:
When you do #2 without fail, Park car. Put boxes with 2 meter gaps in front and back. Can you get out without hitting box?

Lesson #4:
New cars parked next to you and boxed you in! Can you get out?! Put boxes with 1 meter gap in back and 1.5 meter gap in front.

Lesson #5:
Repeat #2 but have 1.5 times your car length space. This is more like a normal tight spot. Autopark software can do this. If you can do this, you are better than me since I do not try to park in these spots.

Lesson #100: Final Exam
Look at your front and see there is no real bumper but you have expensive front grille. If another car parallel parks by moving until they gently touch the car (love tap), that means your grille can be broken by a tall car's rear bumper. Don't parallel park in locations where you might have a careless or "asshole" park in front of you. I have seen other city cars with busted grilles since they have no front bumper so this is why I tell you with your nice new car.
>>
>>15400301
>Remember where your wheels are

What you mean by this? Did you mean putting your wheels straight before making your move or your wheel position according to steering wheel?
>>
>>15400391
It means when you're in the driver's seat, you know where the wheels of the car are in relation to your position. If you know that, You can accurately judge the size of your car which makes maneuvering anything a breeze. How the fuck do you think I do 3 point turns and parallel park a 2012 Chevy Silverado? I know where my wheels are in relation to me.
>>
>>15400391
>What you mean by this?

That poster was saying the classic one line advice. It means know where the edges of your car are so that your car doesn't intrude into spaces where it should not.

While sitting in your driver seat and driving down the road, you know how much space there is to each side of your car, right? How close are you to the left side lane markers painted on the street? How much space is there between the right side of the car and the painted lane marks?

If you know how much space, then you basically know where your wheels are too. You can practice parallel parking with lesson #1 at >>15400377 and pretty soon you will "feel" you are parking good. When you get out of the car and see that you are 12 inches away from the curb, you now have some confidence you know where your wheels are.
>>
>>15399260
>>15398667
>minivan
>big
Kek
Get some spot mirrors and try backing up to walls with a buddy outside showing you how much gap you have if you aren't used to judging the distance yet.
>>
>>15400440
>>15400404
>>15400377
Thanks, those are really helpful tips, will practice those lessons. Thanks for all again.
>>
>>15399260
>>15398667
>minivan
>big
Kek
Get some spot mirrors and try backing up to walls with a buddy outside showing you how much gap you have if you aren't used to judging the distance yet.
>>
>>15398667
>i newly got my driving licence

Don't be too close to people who start moving at a traffic light. Sometimes, they will suddenly stop because they decided they want to turn right instead of going straight ahead. If you're not paying attention (too close) or generically careless (assuming they will continue to go ahead full speed) you will hit them. I've had people do this 3 times in the past ten years.

You may say ten years is a long time, but that could have been three collision accidents. All of a sudden, if you have collisions every three years, that sounds a lot more serious. It would surely raise insurance rates a lot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.