[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ive got an 01 Hyundai Elantra with a stock alternator and battery.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: s-l1000.jpg (20KB, 650x334px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
20KB, 650x334px
Ive got an 01 Hyundai Elantra with a stock alternator and battery. I want to set up a simple system in this car, 4 tweeters, 2 mids, and 2 10s in the trunk. I dont want to up the alternator with this car so that puts me on a cap of the power I can have. Does anyone have some sub/amp recommendations? Im new to car audio and dont want my car to sound like a rattling mexican car, just want it to hit harder than it does now
>>
>>15388362
Pls be bait
>>
>>15388362
1. You don't need to upgrade the alternator if it's just 2 10's. I run 2 12's on the stock 90amp Alt. If you battery is older, replace it.

2. Your car is going to rattle like a 'mexican car'. If you *must* avoid that, then you'll want to dynamat the car and avoid ported subwoofer boxes.

3. Take it to a shop run by Mexicans and don't try it yourself, you'll damage it.

Questions?
>>
>>15388362

>simple system
>more than one sub
>adding speakers
>>
>>15388513
>implying sub's make a difference what alternator is being used and not the amp
>>
>>15388533
Go try running 2000+ watts on a stock alternator on a 15 year old car.

Enjoy running out of electricity
>>
>>15388539
>implying I'm op
>implying that 2000 watt Pyle amp you have isn't actually 200
>>
Add up the total wattage and divide by 12 then check if its under your alternator rated amps. if it is under by a good margin you dont need upgrade alternator.

You need a margin for your pumps/lights/horn/relays/sparkplugs obviously.
>>
>>15388513
I just talked to a guy that wants to set me up with 2 kicker 10c104, and a kicker cx a300.1 with box and install for 500.
>>
>>15388631
you can get a better deal for a hundred bucks cheaper at any spick shop.

I paid 350 for my two 1400watt 12 inch Pioneer Champions, Box, 2000 watt amp, wire kit AND installation
>>
>>15388647
Hahahaha I was right you have a cheap piece of shit 2000 watt amp and think it's impressive. No wonder you ignored my post.
>>
I mainly went to this guy just to see his recommendation. He wanted 120 for a dual 10 ported box, but offered me it for 80 in hopes to get my business.
>>
>>15388655
It's four years old and still works.

You clearly have nothing better to do than ruse others. I feel bad for you and your parents.
>>
>>15388680
Yet you're a tripfag on an otherwise anonymous imageboard where nobody needs to know or gives a shit who you are. Speak for yourself triggered poorfag.
>>
>>15388680
>on 4chan
>claiming to be better than anyone else
Fuck off summerfag
>>
>>15388362
Do the "big 3 upgrade" youll be fine with stock battery/alt
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.