[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked this up for $300. They said all I needed was a radiator,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 2016-07-05.png (474KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-05.png
474KB, 600x450px
Just picked this up for $300. They said all I needed was a radiator, bumper and some wheels.

Anyone else get any great deals over the holiday weekend?
>>
That's gonna need more that just a radiator, bumper and some wheels.
Fenders, for one.
>>
>thinks that is a good deal
I paid $3k for my Ferrari.
>>
>>15387830
Yeah I figure I can drive without fenders though, no big deal.

>>15387853
How is it not a good deal? I literally got a car for only 2 weeks salary.
>>
>>15387891
> $300
>two weeks salary
That's like a part time job
>>
>>15387853
Jesus Christ. That fucking pile of ash.
>>
Catstang is back?
>>
>>15387891
>i figure

Yeah well "you figured" wrong because thats illegal. You need fenders. And all of the other parts they cannibalized from the car too that its now missing.

Really soon youre also going to go figure that the salvage title is in fact not as easy as the junkyard guy said it would be to get made into a rebuilt title, and that you have made a very poor investment.

But ok go ahead fumbling cluelessly into a job you cant do. This forum really needs another catstang.
>>
>>15387916
I doubt I will get pulled over for not having fenders tbqh.

Also, wtf is a catstang?
>>
>>15387965
Catstang was an /o/tist who got some "great deals" on multiple broken Mustangs.
>>
>>15387977
Reminds me of how a friend sold someone a demolished 240 that he took all the good parts out to swap into his new 240. $500 for that garbage and the guy left thinking he got a good deal
>found out later he sold it for scrap
>>
>>15387965

Yeah, i doubt youll get pulled over for that too. Mainly because i doubt you will ever get that shitheap to the point it can be driven, let alone roadworthy. Even if you (by some miracle) did get it driveable, you still need to prove to the state that it is infact safe and reliable enough to be on public roads, and not some rolling hulk of garbage some turd "figured" he could tack together in his backyard with minimum time, money, and effort, likely with parts missing he also "figured" were not that important. Theres a reason you have a salvage title in your hands.

But yeah bro have fun telling the state DMV inspectors how you dont "need" fenders or why all the other faults they will 100% laugh in your face and fail you for are "no big deal". Maybe you should try slipping them a bribe to let you pass and see how that works out too, i mean what could possibly go wrong with trying to bribe a government worker? Seems like a perfectly good idea with your sound logic.

God have mercy on your soul if they find any parts from the previous owner that you cant account for that they believe to be stolen, LOL.
>>
>>15387891
2 weeks salary is 300 dollars? Dude what?

So you're either making roughly $3.75 an hour and working full time, or you're working about 13 hours a week.

How the fuck do you expect to even afford the gas you dummy?

You're not even going to be able to afford wheels for the thing, much less the radiator, hoses, bumper, etc.

Pretty poor fucking choice, guy.
>>
File: CoxwHFv.png (339KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CoxwHFv.png
339KB, 640x480px
>>15387824
OP on his way to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyCfpSAVQAY
>>
>>15387824
>They said all it needs
So you don't even know what you're doing and got scammed into buying a scrapyard shit heap? I'd say this is a troll post but I've met people as dumb as you
>>
>>15387824
What kind of car?
>>
>>15388096
Mazda 3.
>>
>>15388102
You can make money by parting it out. The engine-trans combo is worth $500 if it runs.
>>
>>15387824
>all I needed was a radiator, bumper and some wheels
>>15387891
>I literally got a car for only 2 weeks salary

are we being baited
>>
>>15388138

>if it runs

Yep. Im SURE the junkyard didnt know that. The people whos entire business relies on knowing such things. Yep. They just figured, hey what the hell, lets just let some random kid have our money.

Brilliant OP simply outsmarted them at their own game and made off like a god damn baron. Theres literally no way that buying that priceless automotive gem was a bad idea.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.