[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can custom order a burger. But you can't custom order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (69KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 500x524px
You can custom order a burger. But you can't custom order a car?

I want a Company custom make me a car with whatever engine I choose whatever drivetrain I choose whatever interior I choose however many doors or trunk or whatever. I want to choose.

Why do car companies get to choose what millions of people drive. They get to choose what the cars look like and what engines they will have.

Not anymore.
>>
Sure you can get it custom. It's gonna cost you though.
>>
>>15372897
Yup. Any custom shop will be happy to indulge you - for a price. Or you can make it yourself.

Money or time....
>>
Well they sell a million times many hamburgers as cars probably, so take a guess.
>>
>wanting a custom car but not putting in the effort to design and built it yourself

Cars these days suck anyways so you could probably get investors to hop on your dick if you do something cool.
>>
>>15372891
What a stupid comparasion
Car designs make everything work together and have to consider air dynamic and weight distribution. Not to mention fuel economy and shits. Cars aren't Legos that you just put stuff in the blank slot
>>
>>15372926
Even with burgers there are limits. BK won't let you swap out the beef patties for, say fish filets. Or substitute pickled peppers for the pickled cucumbers. Or subsitute horseradish sauce for mayo.

Some of those items make no sense together, so they don't offer them. Other items, it's more profitable for them to make and sell you a fish sandwich instead.
>>
>>15372942
this 2bh

thats the sole reason I want to study automotive engineering

what kind of car enthusiats doesn't build his own car?
>>
>>15372957
Well the problem is that it is Burger King, mass produced processed food.

Go to a burger joint or sandwich shop and you can do literally anything.
>>
>>15372949
But what about the 60's? The 70's?
>>
>>15372974
And those shops are
>drumroll
more expensive.

OP can go spend 10x the worth of a car just to get exactly what he wants, just as you can spend 1.5-10x as much for a burger at a restaurant compared to the pre-cut cardboard at Burger King.
>>
>>15372891
>But you can't custom order a car?

what is every car company website ever for a thousand?
>>
>>15373064
You can hire a professional chef to make you a sandwich just the way you want it. He might object to some of your choices, but if you pay him enough he'll bite his tongue and get to work.

But you gotta pay him, or else he might just laugh at you and walk away.
>>
>>15373064
Not really. It is just a myth. Costs $5 at a Burger King. You can find places even cheaper like In-n-Out or nicer ones like Five Guys. And all actually are fresh.
>>
>>15373103
But there are requests that even they won't honor anymore, like the 100x100. You can have it your way, up to a point. And to go beyond that limit (which is what you want to do) you will need to do it yourself or find someone to do it for you...
>>
>>15373122
Yeah but who is going to put 100 turbos on your Civic?
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 970x647px
>>15372891
I'll bite

Single company
>Honda
>that new kei car s2gay body
>k20 engine
>memeshift
>hardtop, fuck that soft top noise
>pearl white exterior
>black interior
>9th gen civic dashboard
>cloth seats
>8th gen si wheels
>>
>>15373158
i fuckin hate cloth seats
>>
>>15372891
Back in the 60s and earlier this was a real thing, you could walk into a dealer and just check off the things you want and they would build it.
It died in the 70s after certain "packs" were introduced, instead of having the option of a custom checklist they only made different trims of almost every car.
>>
>>15372891
Superlite is probably the closest thing to a brand that will do custom cars, you just have to supply the engine.
They build the car so the engine you pick will drop right in though
>>
>>15373163
That still exists, and isn't what he's talking about. Many car companies in yurop, most notably BMW, will let you pick every single option etc and then let you pick it up at the factory.
>>
>>15373162
we care
>>
>>15373162
as opposed to leather...
>cold as fuck in the winter
>third degree burns in the summer
>>
>>15373257
Only thing worse is vinyl in the summer
>>
Even Ferrari will build you whatever the fuck you want provided you buy 6-10 of them at $2-5mil a piece.
>>
>>15373103
In Canuckistan, McDonalds is really the only one left with truly cheap burgers and food. To a lesser extent Burger King and the other major fast food places.

Five Guys is like 7 bucks for their standard burger. No idea that an In-N-Out was anything other than a bar slut, don't think we have them here.

Doesn't McDonald's also have a build your own burger thing now? I see pretentious mothers with some sort burger with a toothpick in it all the time there. I assume it's more expensive than the GOAT Junior Chicken though.
>>
File: l02_01_04_03_img02.jpg (437KB, 720x509px) Image search: [Google]
l02_01_04_03_img02.jpg
437KB, 720x509px
>>15372891
Cars have to comply with safety, driving laws and whatnot. A burger is just food: simple materials, straight forward preparation and inoffensive if you throw it at someone else. A car is a complex machine built on a factory by skilled workers, created from raw materials and molded by high precision machines. This 2 ton machine is driven on the road and thus, that can kill people.

Can you see the difference? They won't add ketchup.
>>
>>15372957
I actually agree with all the counterpoints everyone is making including you but I think BK probably would substitute horseradish for mayo.
>>
>>15372891
Burgers don't require model-specific tooling.
And you can custom order cars. You can option it how you want and have it delivered to a dealer. With enough money, you could have your own model. Oil money has created a couple supercars this way.
>>
>>15372891
Just buy a chevette and slap a rocket 455 in it that's all you really need anyways.
>>
>>15372891
you can buy a car and convert it to whatever you like

I think the difference is that when you get a burger with pickles, there aren't compatibility issues between the pickles and the onion

or the lettuce doesn't bottleneck the mayonnaise
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.