[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice /o/, or for you to talk some sense into me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 300ZX.jpg (479KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
300ZX.jpg
479KB, 1600x1200px
I need some advice /o/, or for you to talk some sense into me.

I really want to learn more about working on cars through working on this project car. I'm pretty sure it's a near lost cause and has some pretty big rust holes in both rear quarter panels. It does actually start, but almost stalled out when I reved it above idle.

I just love the idea of getting a dying car working again. Not to mention, the interior of this car is in good condition, it's just the body that's full of rust. They want $1900 for it, and I'm pretty sure it would just be a money pit, but I just love the idea of working on it.

Advice? Ideas of a better starting point? Better approach to this car?
>>
*le bump*
>>
>>15362704
If you want to learn how to work on a car get a running one and fix it when it breaks.
>>
>>15362799
Pretty much.

Also that's a shit-tastic deal OP. Rust and running like shit makes this car $800 TOPS... as in I literally passed on a Z31 this color, same rust, running well but overheating because I thought it was a waste of time.
>>
>>15362820
Not to mention, the car I passed on was a Turbo...
>>
That sounds like the definition of a money pit. if your going to pay 1900 for a 20 some year old car it had better be rust free. That is a $500 car right there that needs more work than it's worth
>>
>>15362845
>30 year old car
FTFY
>>
>>15362858
Whatever, I took a guess. I'll take my shoes off next time I need to count that high.
>>
anyone philosophically bankrupt enough to put those wheels on a Z31 has abused the car in a hundred subtle ways.

you'll be cursing them and gritting your teeth long after the idea of nursing a dying car back to health has lost its allure.
>>
Owner wants to use it as a parts car.
>>
Thank you all for your advice.
I kinda just want a cool car to fix.
>>
>>15362704

>>15362799

Do what this anon said. I'll keep it short. Same thing happened to me but without the rust.

If it doesn't run correctly you will feel like absolute shit when you can't tell what's causing it to die because it's likely MULTIPLE expensive things at once.

All your money is going to go nowhere. You will have nothing as that rust already means its days are numbered.

Keep looking anon. Save up a bit more until you find the right one. The one that doesn't give you doubt.
>>
1- Dont take it. Unless that thing has the engine in perfect condition (the stalling issue could be yourself or faulty clutch) and maybe has working turbo/TT that thing is a scam.
2- Dont try to start working on them without knowledge about what you need. Maybe you will need to take several courses on how to fix cars yourself. If you dont know very well how each engine and car part works and why you will have trouble.
3- Tools are expensive yet required. Make sure you've got money for them FIRST and THEN worry about the car.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.