[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A man dies after his Tesla Model S gets hit by a dump truck,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: fatal-crash.jpg (158KB, 616x347px) Image search: [Google]
fatal-crash.jpg
158KB, 616x347px
A man dies after his Tesla Model S gets hit by a dump truck, likely the first death in the Model S under “regular traffic conditions”
Model S owner killed in the accident reportedly was the same driver that recently posted a video of a close call while in Autopilot mode. This is the first fatal crash that has occurred while a Tesla has had Autopilot engaged. Fatal Tesla Model S Crash While In Autopilot Triggers NHTSA Investigation
https://www.teslamotors.com/blog/tragic-loss
>>
Third thread today faggot.
>>
Op that pic is in the winter. It is currently summer.

Your thread is doomed from the start.
>>
>>15362270
>>15362278
Yes mods delete this.
>>
File: 1465060577136.jpg (39KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1465060577136.jpg
39KB, 720x479px
>>15362257
>Tesla owners can't into driving
>Dies
LOL
>>
wasn't a dump truck, it was a bright white semi taking a hard right turn off a fast road, the tesla's cameras couldn't pick it out against the white overcast sky and the long range radar has trouble with trailers since they're empty underneath
>>
>crashing into trucks turning in front of you full speed is a regular traffic condition in the US
>>
File: Mehrachsiger_Anhaenger.jpg (108KB, 1024x502px) Image search: [Google]
Mehrachsiger_Anhaenger.jpg
108KB, 1024x502px
>>15365737
It's the year 2016. Explain to me if you will why American trailers still don't have side underrun guards.
>>
>>15365762
Because companies are slowly putting on aerodynamic skirts instead.
>>
>>15365737
>excuses
>reasons
>well yeah I don't need to change. The world around me need to change!
How is that shilling for tesla going buddy? How much have you earned on /o/?
>>
>>15365762
so you can do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfyzjyTU15o
>>
>>15365748
For tesla shills no road condition is normal driving condition

The only acceptable condition is when government shove a gps tracking device into your ass and mind control 24/7 and then ban the regular cars.
>>
>>15365783
it was definitely a fault of the tesla though, that specific set of circumstances is hard to control for. Arguably the driver should have been more attentive though, and tesla needs to be more proactive about telling people it's SEMI autonomous.

This stuff is only getting better by the year though, and it would be dumb to bring the whole field to a halt over one death
>>
>>15365778
I'm pretty sure the skirts are designed to give in to physical force in order to prevent damage when loading trailers with forklifts and such. I imagine they'd be pretty useless in a crash.
>>
>>15365803
also, driver of the semi claimed he heard the harry potter movie playing in the tesla, but that might have been an audibook
still, it would explain the lack of attention of the driver was literally watching a movie instead of the road
>>
>>15365803
>and tesla needs to be more proactive about telling people it's SEMI autonomous
The feature is turned off by default and the onboard computer already displays a huge warning saying the autopilot is a beta and that you should stay attentive at all times if you want to turn on the feature. How much more retard pandering do you want?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.