[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/. Did this thread yesterday and got a few replies and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bernie2016.png (136KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
bernie2016.png
136KB, 1600x900px
Hey /o/. Did this thread yesterday and got a few replies and im fishing again. I'm looking into running an engine off drip gas. A generator first followed by a car or truck if possible Its natural gas condensate or natural gasoline. Usually around 40-60 octane which is the real problem.
The way i see it I have a few ways of utilizing it.
1. low compression engine. Smallest I have seen is 6:1. I think 4:1 might do it fine.
2. alter an engine to make it a smaller ratio
3. Use it to make black diesel from motor oil and run a diesel on it.
4. Find a way to boost the octane 20-30 points on the cheap and without adding a shitload of ethanol. Could mix with AV gas.

Thoughts?
>>
bumpin. If i can get it figured out i basically get free electric and free gas to work.
>>
>>15362058
/diy/ might be able to help
>>
>>15362114
More of an /o/ question.
Its directly related to engines.
Plus I have never got more than a safety sam suggestion about how something is to dangerous or illegal.
>>
>>15362161
>dangerous or illegal
That seems kind of relevant, actually. Come back to /o/ when you're ready to plastidip it.
>>
>>15362345
Not really. I fully understand the risks and i take the time to learn them. The problem with /diy/ is they wont even talk about the subject. Most of them are so pussy whipped or afraid of death they wont risk anything. They won't even do it if it has a slight risk or possibility of injury. Honestly surprised any of them use a table saw.

Back of subject, Drip gas has no additives or lubricants so some marvel mystery oil is mandatory. How high can i boost octane and with what? Highest I've seen is 4 oz of klotz octane booster which can up it 10 points. Can i add more and go further?
Should i add 10% ethanol? I hear it adds a lot to octane rating with even just a little. Which is why a lot of companies use it on top of the subsidies. Lets them use crappier gas.
>>
>>15362161
making flammable fuel, then blowing it up to make locomotion, is dangerous. running a diesel engine on untaxed diesel on the road is illegal in the US.
>>
>>15362753
So a gas engine it is, no law against that.
Although in the case of black diesel they have no idea or any way of checking. They look for the red dye of off road diesel.
>>
Drop the compression and retard the timing. Job done. In saying this, I have no idea what drip gas actually is.
>>
>>15362825
Natural gas condensate. Gasoline can basically come out of the ground. The wright brothers used it to fly with. Lead free, no additives pure gas. Low octane, some impurities but not a lot. It layers in the tank, clearest at the top i think. Great grandpa used to mix it with regular gas during ww2 because of rationing.
>>
>>15362058
I wanna know what's the context of the /pol/ argument. What's the original discussion?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.