[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/, my dad is looking for a new car but doesn't have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 2016-Ford-Focus-RS.jpg (207KB, 1389x829px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Ford-Focus-RS.jpg
207KB, 1389x829px
/o/, my dad is looking for a new car but doesn't have a good idea where to start because he's trying to find one car that does what two of his current vehicles do. $35k-ish is the cap.
>wants AWD because winter, and we have a long steep driveway. Every single FWD car he's had would get stuck at the end when he gets home from work if it snowed while he was gone
>wants a hatch with rear seats that can go down, enough space for hauling stuff around in back, but no need for anything huge because he has a truck for the big stuff
>wants at least 30 mpg
>manual, this is non-negotiable (thankfully)
>fun, quick-ish
When I say new, I mean new. Not "oh, you'd have to buy CPO" or "it's just a couple years old" but actual new. He's stuck on that.

All of that considered, it the Focus RS the only good option? I know the prices are dumb now, but he's willing to wait it out for something good to come along.
>>
>>15361234
Don't you guys have a subaru wagon ?
>>
>>15361246
this
>>
>>15361246
You guys as in Americans? We don't get fun, new Subaru wagons with manual. The Forester XT is CVT only, and the WRX doesn't have a hatch anymore.
>>
File: Subaru-WRX-STi-Hatch-01[4].jpg (124KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Subaru-WRX-STi-Hatch-01[4].jpg
124KB, 800x600px
>>15361322
Forgot pic: wishful thinking.
>>
>>15361234
Focus RS is a two year wait list from the dealers currently as they will only import 7500 a year. Only option there is gray market markup.

Real shame but I understand why they're keeping it limited production.
>>
File: Golf-R-front_2909439b.jpg (58KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
Golf-R-front_2909439b.jpg
58KB, 620x387px
>>15361509
Shit, two years? Any ideas on good alternatives?

Does anyone know how the Golf R is faring with reliability?
>>
>>15361234
Hatchback Lancer might do it
>>
>>15362020
Correcting, Sportback is what they call it.
Either way, as long as you don't get the Evolution it's within your price range and AWD.
Could be perfect.
>>
I've got the ST. the hatch really doesn't even provide that much extra space. I've been in new WRX sedans and they have more interior space it feels like
>>
>>15362088
Really, he doesn't care much about extra passenger space, mostly about the amount of space that can be had by laying the rear seats down and setting things in back. But if it still doesn't have that much space by that metric, I'll see what he thinks about the WRX. He'd be coming from a Mini though, so I have a feeling the Focus' additional space may be enough for him.
>>
>AWD
>Hatch
>30mpg
>35k

Subaru
>>
>>15362226
>manual non-negotiable
>has to be fun, quick-ish
What fun hatches does Subaru have these days with manual?
>>
>>15362346
there's the wrx hatchback but they stopped making those in 2014, now their just sedans
>>
>>15362367
>reading comprehension
>>
>>15362384
m8 there's nothing wrong with my post
>>
>>15362414
>When I say new, I mean new. Not "oh, you'd have to buy CPO" or "it's just a couple years old" but actual new. He's stuck on that.
>>
>>15362424
Tell him to get a 2016 Mazda Miata.
>>
>>15362424
There's just not that many options in your criteria

There's some quick AWD sedans, but they're pretty much all auto and not a hatchback. While most hatchbacks are available with a manual they are mostly FF. The golf R like you said might be a good option. Considering he drives a mini, reliability shouldn't be too big of a issue for him.
>>
>>15361234
Golf R except the hatch space is pretty tiny with the rear seats up. The Focus RS is still better if practicality is a concern.

The WRX hatch wasn't updated like the sedan so it's kind of lousy.
>>
>>15361624
That is a load of shit. Some dealers have them on the floor. Dealers are not currently taking orders as the order bank is currently not open. Probably be open around September, thats when they were opened for the current years run. From when they first opened orders it took about 8 months for people to start recieving their orders.
>>
>>15362697
Sure you can drive home in one today, but it will cost you +$50k
>>
File: nissan-juke-nismo-rs-3_1280x0w.jpg (322KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
nissan-juke-nismo-rs-3_1280x0w.jpg
322KB, 1280x853px
this just came to mind, its ugly, but it fits all your criteria
>>
If your dad has his heart set on a manual car the used market will open up more choices. Most manufacturer are going to CVTs or push button automatics.
>>
Subaru WRX is your answer.
>>
>>15362975
I know it's very limited, but he's dead set on new. That is why I asked /o/, I was hoping I had forgotten something worth mentioning.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.