[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would this make a good DD for $2500? "1973 VW Baja beetle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 00606_gddhqazzCuo_1200x900.jpg (54KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00606_gddhqazzCuo_1200x900.jpg
54KB, 600x450px
would this make a good DD for $2500?

"1973 VW Baja beetle $2500 Or best reasonable offer. Has minimal rust in all the usual places. Floor pans are solid. Front disk brake conversion, adjustable rear coil over shocks. Electric distributor, new coil, plugs, wires, front tires, clutch and accelerator cable. Carburetor has been rebuilt and tuned. Engine runs like a top. All that's left is overall cosmetic attention"

Im thinking about buying this (somewhere down south) and driving it back up to New England
>>
bro you would have to test drive it to see.
depends how well made it is.
i mean does it shift well, is it geared well etc.
bigger tires change the gearing, check everything
>>
Why would you want to DD that? Ask your self that first.
>>
>>15360818
because I'm not a cuckold.
>>
>>15360804
There is no way that would survive a new England winter mate. It's a beach buggy and wont survive in climates below 10°c
>>
>>15360831
I just think for $2500 you could get somthing alot better. I mean no car for $2500 will be great but get somthing better than that.
>>
>>15360804
just get it

make sure you use it tho
>>
>>15360850
>I just think for $2500 you could get somthing alot better.

Like fucking what? That's pretty much bottom of the barrel for shit thats remotely driveable, let alone fun.
>>
Sounds fucking awesome and a really good price for a running Baja Bug and I live in CA where they're everywhere.
>>
>>15360804
>baja
>superbeetle

pick one mang
>>
>>15361159
Not sure where you're from but bottom of the barrel in my area of Florida is $600, $2500 will get you a nice clean car.
>>
>>15362760
sounds like he comes from a land of ice and snow
>>
File: 4481537641_5b5e9be06e_o.jpg (172KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
4481537641_5b5e9be06e_o.jpg
172KB, 800x533px
>>15360804
owner of a 56 and 70 beetle here

no. beetles make fun project cars, especially bajas, but it is almost fucking impossible to find a cheap beetle that hasnt been treated by absolute shit by the PO. they are almost always missing cooling tins and random parts that the PO figures were pointless, and are one bad day away from dropping a valve or some catastrophic failure. i just cant trust just about any craigslist air cooled vw as they are all owned by total dipshits who shouldnt be allowed to "maintain" their own car.

tl:dr - save up and buy from a knowledgeable VW enthusiast, or buy it as a project car that could potentially shit the bucket at any moment.
>>
File: 1428161852026.gif (2MB, 372x262px) Image search: [Google]
1428161852026.gif
2MB, 372x262px
>>15362776
>imblying op isn't a dipshit
>>
>>15361159
Buddy we can definitely help you find a sweet car on your $2500 budget but you need to level with us about why you want to drive a vehicle built for sand in New England. What specifically are the qualities of this beetle that appeal to you?
>>
Did you think about this? Living in a New England winter will get kinda chilly in an air cooled VW that will barely but out any heat in the cold.
>>
>>15362776
mine blew up but it wasnt due to heat
it was because someone reused an old case
>>
>>15363519
What I meant was heat, like from the heater to keep the driver warm. The heat in those Bugs sucked. I would want to freeze my ass of in a new england winter in one of those.
>>
>>15360804
Make sure it has an oil filter installed.
Aircooled beetles don't come equipped with an oil filter stock

But overall as a dd, it depends on how far you're going to drive everyday?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.