[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /o/ there's a couple of scratches on my car, and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: DSC00435.jpg (90KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00435.jpg
90KB, 640x480px
hello /o/ there's a couple of scratches on my car, and the clear coat is falling off of age.
I would love to refinish the whole car, but it's too expensive, is there a cheaper alternative?
actually, how much would it be to refinish a sedan except the hood and trunk?
cause I have them replaced with carbon fiber counter parts
>>
'cheap' alternative would be just plastidip it. that way if you fuck up the paint, just peel it off

you can just give it a go properly and see how you can do. if you're going to have future car projects you can learn from it and be able to do your own paint jobs
just read up on painting cars more, don't just buy some paint stripper/primer/paint/clearcoat and hope it comes up good.
doing at home you still need to space for it, and to be able to use paint there.
you can also try prep/prime it yourself doing individiual parts like bonnet/boot then the body, and then put all together with tape/masking and send to a paint shop to get done cheaper, and can also get done in shop with oven
>>
>>15356680
thanks for the suggestion, i've actually tried and is trying to do that
but I dont know jack daniels about plasti dipping
the latest attempt have me peeling off the masking tape and tragically accidentally touching to wet dip with it
none the less I'll keep trying, and I'm doing it with the $1.53 price comparison aresol cans from lowes
>>
Paint the hood and trunk too you goddamn ricer.
>>
>>15357038
tell the first owner, he's the one who did it
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 500x729px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 500x729px
Anyone know any cheap places to get your car painted in San Diego County?

I had a few friends and people tell me to take it to Tijuana, but I don't trust those spics handling my car.
>>
>>15357074
You can paint carbon fiber.
>>
>>15357162
Mexicans will treat your car better than any American ever will.
>>
>>15357951
Plus no pesky environmental regulations like in cuckifornia.
>>
>>15357191
yeah but I don't want to if I don't need to, it costs alot you know
>>
>>15357162
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that spics won't be handling the car in San Diego either.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.