[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /o/, bought a cheap ass beater and I want to register it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1462247529393.jpg (44KB, 478x469px) Image search: [Google]
1462247529393.jpg
44KB, 478x469px
sup /o/,
bought a cheap ass beater and I want to register it in california

the seller gave me the title but i just realized the back (transfer form thing) has already been filled out by another guy (who isn't the guy I bought it from)

plus the seller isn't the guy on the front of the title either

what do
>>
>>15355480
is the title in your name with the signature of the previous owner?
>>
>>15355480
you need a notarized bill of sale from the guy who signed the back of the title stating that he has sold the car to you.
>>
>>15355486
the title does not have my name on it whatsoever
>>15355495
sounds great, but if I go ahead and contact him can't he just claim he owns it?
>>
>>15355505
no, technically the person who is on the front of the title still owns the car that is in your possession.
>>
>>15355512
so if I bring the title I have and a bill of sale to the dmv I can just pay some fees and be on my way?
>>
>>15355505
>>15355512
alternatively, you could contact the person who is the original seller and ask them for a duplicate title, then you transfer as you would normaly
>>
>>15355522
yea, it has to be notarized though, like from a bank or something or they wont accept it. Its like that in my state anyway.
>>
File: sweating_frog.jpg (12KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
sweating_frog.jpg
12KB, 200x189px
>>15355480
>mfw I found myself in the exact same situation
>title wasn't in the sellers name, stuff on the back was filled out by another person
>seller said the previous owner was just a dead guy who never put the car in his name for tax reasons
>seller supplied an Official Affidavit Of Strikethrough signed by thrice-removed previous owner
>affidavit was probably forged
>VIN was still clean
>title transfer went off without a hitch
>mfw through the whole process

Buying cars from rednecks: Not Even Once
>>
>>15355534
shit that might complicate things hard
>>15355526
according to >>15355512 the guy on the front still owns it, couldn't he just claim ownership and then take the car from me?
>>15355550
hoping for the same at this point
>>
>>15355480
nice job, you fucked up
>>
Its stolen, the po po are coming, you are fucked.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.