[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best cars under $4000 for reliability, mileage,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: lexuses300.jpg (30KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
lexuses300.jpg
30KB, 600x337px
What are the best cars under $4000 for reliability, mileage, and low maintenance expenses?

I was thinking 2001-2003 Lexus ES 300 for reliability and I like how it looks, especially the comfy looking interior, but I read that replacement parts are really expensive.

What are some cars that fit the bill?

>read the sticky
That thing is years old.
>>
Corolla
>>
>>15355153
It's just a luxury version of a camry/avalon, parts will be the same
>>
Civic
>>
>>15355153
I'm aiming for a Lexus as well
>>
>>15355173
>It's just a luxury version of a camry/avalon
I thought that was the LS
>>
>>15355308
the Lexus brand is just higher end Toyotas

Like a Cadillac Escalade is basically just a fancy Yukon
>>
>>15355343
So you can use the cheap and plentiful parts available for toyotas in lexus cars?
>>
>>15355308
The LS is based on the X series RWD platform. The ES is indeed based on the V series FWD Camry platform.
>>
>>15355362
Which is based on the Corolla platform?
>>
>>15355371
None as far as I know.
I'm sure someone could correct or confirm that.
>>
>>15355153
>That thing is years old.
it's literally 1 year old. Nothing in the market has significantly changed, sticky still reflects the best choices at your price point
>>
How is nissan altima/sentra compared to civic? They seem to be cheaper with better interiors.
>>
>>15355498
what year altima/sentra to what year civic?
>>
>>15355560
mid-2000s
>>
>>15355570
05-06 altima had refreshed exterior/interior and look way better imo. The 4 banger qr25de was a bit problematic, 6 cyl vq35 is a better choice and still available with a manual. Sentra 1.8L is fuckin bulletproof, know 2 in the family, i think 2002-04, 250k+ miles and counting.
>>
Are Corollas customizable in anyway or are they just destined to be a meme car?
>don't want my car to be boring but I night have to
>>
Toyota Fucking Corolla or the glorious Honda Civic

Beware, civic owners tend to be anime pedophiles, and much of the aftermarket is of questionable quality and might have already been installed. Questionably. Because bolt-on kits. If you drive a civic you might find that the only thing you like more than your glass pack muffler and tasteless slap collection is a picture of your 4 foot tall purple haired anime girlfriend printed on a pillow that permanently occupies your passenger seat.

Beware, corolla owners are disproportionately furry, the yang to the honda civic's ying, and have little to no aftermarket unless you're a bold wrencher that puts turbos on everything and doesn't afraid of blown engines. They can be "alright" if you're lucky enough to find an XRS. If you drive an FWD corolla you might find yourself increasingly attracted to dogs, dragons, horses, being a huge homosexual, recommending corollas instead of civics, and driving like an idiot.
>>
File: BKuFnk5CMAEJahW.jpg (23KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
BKuFnk5CMAEJahW.jpg
23KB, 599x337px
>>15355738
well when you put it that way the choice is obvious
>>
File: 3420 yens.jpg (246KB, 990x626px) Image search: [Google]
3420 yens.jpg
246KB, 990x626px
>>15355756
civic is the official car of alpha males
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.