[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, aussie here. i'm thinking of picking up a toyota

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Toyota-86-GT-71.jpg (58KB, 622x315px) Image search: [Google]
Toyota-86-GT-71.jpg
58KB, 622x315px
hey guys, aussie here. i'm thinking of picking up a toyota 86 as my first car. Is this a good idea? Currently on full license and can only drive auto. I was thinking of getting manual but i don't wanna fuck the clutch from learning to drive properly in it.

What do you guys reckon? Was tossing up on this or just going for something like a camry cause it seemed like a good all rounder car and i've only driven them before.

for the record i know fuck all about cars
>>
You will end up drifting it into a curb but you will have the most fun in your life doing it. Buy it.
>>
File: SS.jpg (523KB, 2048x1354px) Image search: [Google]
SS.jpg
523KB, 2048x1354px
>>15318307
Funnily enough I'm looking to sell mine. In Melbourne.
>>
File: REKT_86.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
REKT_86.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
>>15318307
Do it, but get it in manual.
>>
>>15318307
Love mine, but it's a waste if you get it in auto.
Buy a manual shitter, learn to drive then get one.
>>
>>15318307
Don't buy it in auto man, just learn manual, it's not even that hard, I picked up the basic concepts and how to drive places without stalling in like an hour or two and this was in an old ass Toyota Celica.
>>
>>15318307
learn manual at shitbox first then buy manual 86
>>
>>15318307
Just get an E36 or S15 you pussy.
>>
Assuming you're not completely retarded, you won't fuck up the clutch too badly while learning. Worst case just replace it in a few years, who gives a shit.
>>
Buy the 86 and learn to drive stick, the car is made to handle a bit of abuse so don't be afraid of fucking it up.
>>
the only ones of these that will be worth money are:

the ones that are either 0 miles first gen stock manual no lowballers or low offers accpeted

OR

100k+ dumped into every possible modification low miles i no wut i got
>>
>>15318307
I would NEVER buy this type of car used. Target consumer is poorboy ricer. Stay away.
>>
>>15318307
Don't ever ever EVER buy a freshly second hand car whose marketing was targeted at 18-26 year old boy racers and manchildren.
>>
Buy an FD rx7 instead
>>
>>15318329
this but not really its far too slow to even drift that far without really really trying
>>
>>15321755
I had to replace the entire rear subframe and suspension on one, as some faggot thought he was a drift King, and punched it into a square edge curb sideways out of a roundabout. 86 drivers are fags.
>>
>>15318307
>>15318307
you can abuse the shit out of a clutch for 200k and have it last

i know, i did just that
>>
File: IMG_0832edit.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0832edit.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>15318307
You have your full licence but you're only just buying your first car?

I'm also an ausfag and my dad's got an auto 86, I gotta say I would definitely buy one if you have the chance. Its fun to drive, looks great and its very comfy.

With a manual, I really wouldn't worry about learning to drive in one, as long as you have someone to teach you properly a little wear and tear isnt anything too drastic.

And I've done the whole going from driving auto's to buying a manual car myself and I think it really depends on what you want from the car. Manual is definitely more fun but can be a pain daily driving depending on the traffic where you live and such.
And i don't think auto is all that bad, especially with the flappy paddles on the 86, you still get the comfort of daily'ing an auto whilst still able to be in control of the car.

Personally im happy I made the switch to manual but it's really down to what you want from the car and how your gonna use it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.