[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppose there's a VR simulator that featured a virtual race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (113KB, 1245x673px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 1245x673px
Suppose there's a VR simulator that featured a virtual race course which was an identical rendering of a real one; would you be willing to drive that course on a motorcycle with an oculus helmet strapped on?
>>
>>15304119
You'll never catch me on a bike
>>
What's the point of that if you're already on the actual track?
>>
>>15304140
to trust the machine.
>>
I want flip-down VR goggles on my bike helmet. I could plug it into a small, powerful computer in the motorcycle chassis, then I could play vidya when I'm in a parking lot and everyone can think I'm fucking retarded
>>
>>15304140
Because the cones you set up in the Walmart parking lot isn't an actual track
>>
>>15304165
You don't need the vr goggles for that to happen
>>
>>15304119
>drive that course on a motorcycle
>drive that ... motorcycle
>drive
>motorcycle

Regardless, I would probably trundle around the track a couple times, but there's no way in hell that I'd try to go fast.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 448x284px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 448x284px
>rich fucks of the world build their own race tracks and make a vr racing sim, with multiplayer
>>
>>15304119
What happens when you hit an oil slick on the real track that isn't on the VR track?
>>
>>15304119
Given that I have and use an Oculus Rift, and I also ride a motorcycle, I'd say no. It would be incredibly disorienting because of the vibration, among other things
>>
No

What a stupid thread.

It's like someone somewhere spent a good amount of time coming up with the dumbest possible idea.
>>
Ghost Valley 2
>>
>>15304119
VR is the future.
>>
>>15304649
I want to make a simulator like the airlines use to train pilots. But instead of sitting in a cockpit you sit in a race seat fully harnessed in. The rig will not only be capable of movements but vibrations as well. To further increase the realism a full face racing helmet is worn with the screen integrated into the visor. Then to simulate g forces use those inflatable bags used in other simulators. To top it all off I'd put heating elements in so I can replicate authentic racecar temps.
Anything else I could add?
>>
File: IMG_20160620_183852.jpg (2MB, 2866x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160620_183852.jpg
2MB, 2866x2400px
Vr uses gyros
A bike leans, fucking up the gyros
Latency is an enormous problem
>>
It's only 90 fps and there's lag. I also would not trust this simulator to be accurate.

>>15304151
Don't do that?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.