[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright so I just bought two motorcycles at an auction for 50$

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160613_172647.jpg (131KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160613_172647.jpg
131KB, 480x480px
Alright so I just bought two motorcycles at an auction for 50$ each. A 1982 hOnda cm450 and 1987 Yamaha virago. Got the Honda started after a little bit of work and she runs and all that, but the virago is being a bitch. I can't get spark to the plugs, but it isn't the spark plugs themselves because I put them in the other bike and they work fine. I had to take off the ignition and get the lights and all that to turn on, the fuses for the ignition are all there, what should I do?
>>
Come on anyone? Or is this board just another circle jerk where people don't know a god damn thing and spew the same shit.
>>
>>15294594
Not alot of us know bikes anon. Ask in the daily bike thread
>>
>>15294986

Well, there you go, you narrowed it down to the ignition system.

How does ignition work on a bike? Is it magneto based like in airplanes or is it like automotive? I have no idea.

It's either the um, well I guess there's not really a distributor on a single cylinder motor is there? It's either that or the coil/condenser. Or maybe the spark plug cable. Get out your multimeter and start probing around. Or just replace the whole shebang?

I dunno.
>>
Ignition coil?
>>
>>15294594
Have you got 12v at the switch side of the coil? Have the ignition points closed up or stuck open? Is there a broken or disconnected wire somewhere?
>>
Well I figured it out... the kickstand was down....
>>
>>15296515
Kek
>>
>>15296515
I thought interlock was a newer thing in bikes?
>>
>>15296904
So did i. And I figured since the Honda didn't require stupid shut to start this wouldn't either. Oh well. Lesson learned.
>>
>>15296515
Lel
>>
>>15296515
>I can't get spark to the plugs

thats a rather lacking description of "it doesnt do ANYTHING"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.