[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so a friend of mine owns one of these pieces of shit. 2010

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (61KB, 600x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 600x313px
Okay, so a friend of mine owns one of these pieces of shit. 2010 Patriot.

The horn is acting up, in a weird way. It goes off randomly. And I don't mean the alarm trips randomly, no, it'll make itself honk whether the vehicle is on or off, and it has no rhyme or reason to the way it goes off.

Sometimes one long continuous honk, sometimes it beeps once, sometimes it's in a series.

The dealership quoted her a fuck ton of money to fix it, and I told her I could take care of it if she just pays for parts. I'm positive I can fix whatever it is, I just need to know WHAT I is.

Thoughts?
>>
the electro console
its an electronic command center, i think its like a pre-ECU but with fuses or something

its a very well known issue for all chrysler junk-mobiels, but i vaguely remember the TSB for it

but the TSB is well known
>>
>>15276129
If there is a tsb why didn't the dealership fix it?

>>15276106
Op just cut the horn wires
>>
>>15276154
They're not required to fix tsbs proactively. They only pursue that as an avenue of diagnosis. And if it's faulty, maybe make it free.
>>
>>15276129
It works like an ecu it's more of a "smart" fuse panel with some solid state bits to keep from sending power or ground to the wrong place
>>
>>15276154

thats a good question
if the horn is going out there is a good chance the entire vehicle can also cut out while you're going 80mph down the freeway too

chrysler, or another other car company in america, be it japanese or american, will not shell out a single penny in recalls unless many people die or potentially die

one death is not enough
>>
>>15276212
Except for Toyota if they get a handful of people complain they replace shit for free...stupid dashboard warranty enhancement
>>
anway, you're looking at a new command center box-thingy

cheapest is going to be ebay
its a very easy job to replace
dealers are full of shit

but there probably is youtube videos on how to actually repair your shitty electronics box. some user has probably isolated the point of failure since its a very common issue

if you are not retarded you can do this yourself
>>
>>15276235
I'd like to consider myself mentally competent. I can't imagine it's more of a cunt that changing my timing belt on my 2UZ-FE, crammed into a 4Runner.

So, to recap, I'm looking for a Electronic Command Center. Alright then.

I was doing some reading, and I see some people saying clock spring, but this doesn't act like that.
>>
>>15276106
Common issue for liberties. Sun roof drain plug is fucked, water going directly into fuse box behind steering wheel.
>>
>>15276672
Easy fix if that's the case by the way, let it all dry and find the plug. This isn't the last of random retarded things that are broken from the factory he will experience.
>>
>>15276679
It's happening to a baseline 2010 Patriot though. No sunroof, no power windows, no electronic locks.
>>
>>15276779
>they still make cars without default power windows
What? What the FUCK?
>>
>>15277293
well 2010, but yeah. Has no alarm system, either. Like, no glass break sensor, no vehicle wobble sensor. MIGHT have steering lock...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.