[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got a Dodge Dynasty and am preparing it by basically removing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (42KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 400x266px
Just got a Dodge Dynasty and am preparing it by basically removing all of the fluids and replacing them so it can basically be new again for travel

Only thing I want to ask /o/ since you've all been great for help. What's the process in replacing a transmission for a 1992 Dodge Dynasty? I'm still learning how this car is set up under the hood so anything helps

Thanks
>>
Bump, ty /o/
>>
File: 1459532741583.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459532741583.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>Chrysler
>Automatic
>Transmission

pick none
>>
>>15253433
the process of replacing the tranny is removing all plugs attached to it. you might have to remove it from the engine too so you might have to pull the engine. unmount all the mounts. and unbolt it from the engine. i dont know how these cars are i only own japanese cars
>>
>>15253559
No idea why owner mentioned transmission being clean. Still need to check this out
>>
>>15253563
do you mean replacing the transmission FLUID, and not the transmission itself?
>>
>>15253626
I still need the fucking manual for this shit but yes that is what I'm aiming for
>>
>>15253968
That is much much simpler. Have some sort of container for the transmission fluid under the car
unbolt the transmission oil pan
replace filter
bolt transmission oil pan back in place when fluid has finished draining
go back up top and fill it up with the recommended transmission fluid. The type of fluid recommended should be in the owners manual along with how many quarts it takes. Being an older car, there should be a dipstick exclusively for the transmission. Use this to check the level.

Once it's filled, turn the car on and cycle through all the gears while not actually driving it. This will work the fluid through the transmission. Do that a few times and turn it off. Then check the fluid level again and add more if necessary.
>>
>>15254030
oh and bring the old transmission fluid to your local autozone to properly dispose of it. Failing to properly dispose of the old fluid properly has massive fines if you're caught just dumping it somewhere.
>>
>>15254045
Thank you seriously, I appreciate it. Love the help I get from you all
>>
>>15254045
>>15254289
Also might want to check if it had any sprockets or geegaws in it. Chrysler autos are prone to shooting them out like popcorn.
>>
>>15254365
Assuming that's a word for dirt, grime, general garbage found in it. Thanks man
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.