[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people criticise you on the way you drive? >tfw drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: tailgater.png (176KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tailgater.png
176KB, 500x333px
Do people criticise you on the way you drive?

>tfw drive too fast
>tfw when approaching other cars always brake smoothly but really close behind
>tfw take turns to fast, to the point the tyres screech sometimes
>tfw sometimes spin my tyres on stop lights
>tfw tailgate people who are on the left lane going slow

Had a girl tell my yesterday the next time she goes out with me she'll drive her own car, while she was giggling. I honestly think she was talking seriously.
>>
>drive at the speed limit
>got so used to my DD that has electronic ignition (don't need to hold the key forward to crank engine), that sometimes when I get into a different vehicle I only blip the starter for a second
>sometimes brake late
>>
>>15242656
People comment on it but always in that kind of cheeky "Oh anon likes to drive fast!" and usually with a grin, so they're usually being cheeky and I don't give it much thought.
>>
I had to explain to my girlfriend how I feel one with my car, having driven it very day for six years, and that what looks like reckless driving is actually well within its limits. I don't think she understood but I try to go slower when she's on the passenger seat
>reminder to stick to 2D
>>
My family thinks I drive too slow.

>Typically sit in the right lane doing the speed limit
>Move over and speed up slightly to let someone on the highway/freeway, then move back over once the merge is done
>Brake slowly and smoothly, sometimes just coasting to a solid red light
>Very cautious when coming out of my subdivision due to a blind corner

My dad for example will ride people's asses, pulls out of our subdivision without even looking, doesn't allow people to merge onto the freeway, and brakes suddenly at lights. He thinks I drive "too slowly" and that I need "to be more aggressive".

Yet he's the one who has wrecked 2 luxury cars in the last year alone, and I've never been in a wreck for the 6 years I've been on the road. I'm actually suffering from permanent nerve damage because he pulled out of the subdivision without looking, and we got T-Boned by a pickup truck.
>>
Old man tells me I turn too hard and will wear my tyres quicker. Otherwise I don't do any showing off, skids etc.
I make it a point to have the passenger as comfortable as possible. Perfect shifts, perfect heel toe, easing on the brakes as we come to a stop, not launching into gaps etc.

When I'm by myself, track pads, rotors, Direzza ZII's and my shitty viscous diff start earning their keep.

Maybe OP needs a touch of being a relaxed driver.
>>
>>15242687
>Maybe OP needs a touch of being a relaxed driver.
Sometimes I try to take it easy. Gets too boring.
I'd imagine if I had a fast car I'd crash into a wall the first week.

>tfw already changed 2 tyres
>will need to change another 2 tyres in the coming months
>need to change rotors (they're a bit warped/unevenly worn) and pads
>>
>>15242679
sounds like your dad is a moron
im sorry anon
>>
>>15242699
Just rotate your tires and get your rotors turned m9
>>
>>15242699
>Gets too boring
Hate to Dad it up, but learning to deal with boring is quite an important skill.
>>
Well, my gf thinks it's fun when I drive fast but I'm usually not driving too fast. My car is not very safe and I'd rather not kill my gf in an accident

Most of my friends are car guys though so it's not abnormal to corner at double the recommended speed and doing 0-100 pulls getting on the freeway and stuff

My mom is the worst though. Can't even shift after 4k without hearing about it from her
>>
driving old cars as a daily with worn bushings and fragile parts has taught me better road handling and precautions to take. Going to other people cars that are faster, newer or in better repair makes driving them incredibly easy

Even driving ridiculously slow cars (45hp, 2spd auto slow) helps teach you better driving techniques, such as keeping up with traffic or planning well ahead to keep good flow, so swift travel is possible within road rules
>>
>>15242656
>Do people criticise you on the way you drive?

I am a timid driver except for the part where I like to apply power while making right turns. I don't apply much power making left turns though. It's probably a lingering result from when I had my first car and that was the most luxury I allowed myself. Otherwise, I was fearful of doing anything that would cause the auto insurance to go up because it was already sky high for under 20 drivers.
>>
>>15242679
You're doing just fine, anon. Sounds like your dad suffers from late-onset teenageism, where aggressive driving is confused with good driving. I hope he doesn't kill someone with that shit and learns from you.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.