[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Mercedesfag on /o/ ? I always liked german car brands bu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: $_27.jpg (30KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_27.jpg
30KB, 640x300px
Any Mercedesfag on /o/ ?
I always liked german car brands but never bothered Mercedes because of auto trans almost exlusively.

Now that I am getting older looking for a powerfull comfy smooth cruiser.

What do you guys think about the E55 AMG ?
Am I asking for trouble maintenance wise ? I know it's an older AMG... How heavy does those feel ?

Here is the add of the one I am looking at atm.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1157205718
>>
self bump
>>
>>15235077
Go test drive it and find out how you feel about it! I've driven quite a few AMG vehicles and they're pretty damn comfy and powerful. Never owned one or spent an extended period of time with it but if you're at a point in your life where it feels like a good vehicle I don't see a problem with it! I've heard people complain about maintenance so make sure you do your research
>>
>>15235266
thx for the reply, nice to see /o/ isnt full of shitposters
>>
File: $_27 (1).jpg (42KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
$_27 (1).jpg
42KB, 640x420px
no one else ?
>>
it's a semi comfy, old man's E class with a big engine

it's not really as sporty as people will try to make you believe, but its deffinately fast.

maintenance will be expensive like any other car of that price bracket when new, so expect to spend a couple thousand dollars a year.

why don't you get an e39 m5 instead?

much sportier and better value considering they're going up in price as they were some of the last pure M cars by bmw
>>
>>15236626
I am considering e39 m5 too. They are damn hard to find here tho.
>>
>>15235077
Go to a dedicated Mercedes forum, they'll know more about it than most people on /o/.
>>
>>15236686

I'd wait and get an e39 if i were you
>>
>>15236686
dude, don't be a fucking faggot. get an e39 M5. Mercs are slushbox garbage
>>
Who the fuck would use m5 for cruising?

If i were op id rather get s500 or cl500
>>
>>15237156
Confirmed for never owning one.

>>15235077
I've owned an e39 ('02) M5 and currently own an '06 SL65.

The SL65 spends most of its time put away. It's not my daily. It's an auto, but shifts are clean and crisp. It's biggest issue is too much torque for the rear wheels. Have to be gentle...

The M5 is high maintenance. In my experience more so than the MB. The S62 burns 1qt oil per 3k miles. This is by design, and not indicative of a mechanical problem. Vonos problems of the m62, x2 (intake and exhaust). Standard cooling issues, and bushing wear.

So, E55 or e39 m5 I'd go E55. E63AMG or e60 m5? I'd have to go E63 again, but only because I can't get an M5 wagon in the US.
>>
>>15235077
>AMG
>comfy smooth cruiser

moron
>>
File: mbze55engine.jpg (19KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
mbze55engine.jpg
19KB, 350x233px
>>15236686
As someone who's driven both, the E39 M5 is more of an engaging spirited drive (think of it like a large 4 door sportscar), where as the W211 is more of a hot rod luxo barge with more accessible effortless grunt.
Going by OP, sounds as though the E55 would suit you better.
>>
>>15235077
My parents love em
Had a ML500 and a S500 back when I lived with them
They have a S550 now
>>
File: 1464721215634.jpg (386KB, 1380x918px) Image search: [Google]
1464721215634.jpg
386KB, 1380x918px
I really enjoy my E55
Buy a well maintained lower mileage example. Most of the parts are attainable very cheap online or through other sources. Rotors & pads on my E55 ran me like $300. It's such an easy car to work on too, which might be biased as I do work on this shit for a living, but it's nothing you can't figure out.

Make sure the SBC braking system all works fine and air suspension is functioning properly. Everything else can't possibly run you too much money. If you have an issue with the air suspension you can swap to standard coils for about a thousand, which you can make back by selling the functioning parts of the air suspension system. Any questions just ask
>>
File: 20160602_161755-1.jpg (3MB, 2711x1844px) Image search: [Google]
20160602_161755-1.jpg
3MB, 2711x1844px
The plugs and valve cover gaskets take like an hour to do, lots of room to work with in comparison to even the lesser model w211s
>>
>>15237502
I have not because I like sports cars, not luxobarges. Anything Mercedes used to make with a manual is lame.
>>
>>15239286
How much did that Merc cost you? Looks nice desu
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.