[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>browing the Smart Fortwo website >see this Why shouldnt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (64KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
64KB, 640x1136px
>browing the Smart Fortwo website
>see this

Why shouldnt i buy one?
I can pay it off in under a year and it would be fun to own a tiny as fuck car compared to my truck
>>
File: smartcrashtestcloseup.jpg (322KB, 1280x1278px) Image search: [Google]
smartcrashtestcloseup.jpg
322KB, 1280x1278px
>>15234836
>Why shouldnt i buy one?
You like staying alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKSPxQjPOm0
>>
>>15234836
Because there are bigger cars that get the same mpg.
>>
>>15234836
Because RWD and turbo are not what make fun cars

Look at the chassis , the ratios.
You'd have more fun in a third generation Prelude
>>
>>15234858
i don't love smart cars but what exactly is at issue here?
>>
>>15234936
that's a 45 mph crash with a fairly normal sized car, and it was fatal for the dummy in the smart car.
>>
>>15234923
I already have a small 34 year old RWD car that weighs as much as the Smart Car
>>
its not economical, requires premium only gas
>>
>>15234858
That does not look comfy.

>>15234836
Damn, you would think a tiny 900cc car would do better than 35mpg combined. Especially considering it is turbocharged and a 2016+ MY.
>>
>>15234836
>backing the biggest failure in automotive history
nah
>>
>>15234936
>>15234946
i'm dumb and missed the part where there was a video

i also ride motorcycles so safety isn't that high on my radar but i looked into and passed on the smart car because of handling and power

i'd rather have a bigger car, or a bike
>>
>>15234858
That is not the current generation, look at this http://m.tagesspiegel.de/verkehr/smart-twingo-und-co-im-crashtest-die-kleinsten-haben-das-nachsehen/7127834.html?utm_referrer=

https://youtu.be/F_kuV7f8024
>>
File: 2016.jpg (1MB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
1MB, 2048x1360px
get a 2016 with a manual
>>
>>15234836

Well my 1.8 wagon does that MPG while being driven hard and I could fit a smart car in the back if I chopped the roof off.

It's literally as practical as a motorcycle without the fastness.
>>
>>15235053
>video stopped before it shows the smart car getting thrown half way across the room

They are devastatingly unsafe cars in America. Getting hit by ANYTHING of any size is going to result in a very quick death. A full size truck hitting a smart could throw it across an entire highway

No to mention the fact that neither the IIHS or the NHTSA
>>
>>15234936
not enough crumple zone.
>>
>>15235086
>No to mention the fact that neither the IIHS or the NHTSA
shit, cut off my own post

Meant to say neither agencies has tested the new generation Smart, so real world crash test figures don't exist yet
>>
>>15235053
>smart car weighs almost as much as my commodore
Top keke
>>
>>15234950
But it's probably not as small or taller than it is wide
>>
Aren't these MR? If so RIP OP if he wants to engine swap it or tune
>>
>>15234836
>dfw the literal gayest car in existence is still faster than my shitbox
>>
>>15235115
Euro NCAP gave the 2014 4 out of 5 stars the same as the Chevy Spark (but with better occupant safety ratings and much worse pedestrian scores than the Chevy), by comparison the Jeep Compass got 2 out of 4 and the Tesla S has almost identical Adult occupant scores and significantly worst child occupant scores but wins out considerably on pedestrian safety.
>>
>>15236560
Fuck yeah straya cunt
>>
>>15236901
But really, why do they weigh so much?
>>
The car has a range just short of 300 miles per tank! Fucking garbage
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.