[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So someone abandoned a vehicle at a buddies work, and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1465156020230.gif (4MB, 260x127px) Image search: [Google]
1465156020230.gif
4MB, 260x127px
So someone abandoned a vehicle at a buddies work, and I'm about to go take it.

They pulled the plates and everything.

How potentially fucked am I and how can I find the owner or get it registered?
>>
>>15234762
Check your local laws about abandoned vehicles.
>>
>>15234762
OP, what state?
>>
>>15234762
Just take the parts you want and leave the shell for maximum safety.
>>
>>15234796
Or take the whole car and part it out and abandon the shell later.
>>
Full story:

They were attempting to sell it to a junkyard. yard didn't take it.
So they pulled the plates and left.
Yard said buddy can have it.
Buddy said I can have it.
>>
Also California is stat
>>
What kind of car, and does it run ?
>>
>>15234854
It drove there
Is pickup
>>
Pls o wat do
>>
>>15234964
Check the state laws... fucking google bro it's not that hard.
>>
>>15234976
Google says nothing unless it is on my property
>>
>>15235001
you have to go through the property owner

you can probably do most of the leg work on their behalf as long as you get their permission and you might need to hit them up for signatures
>>
They probably can't scrap it because the owner doesn't have the title. The car is for parts or off roading only.
>>
>>15235192
That's the idea, well both.

Wat do if pulled over?
>>
Abandoned property can be pretty easy depending on the state. Not familiar with CA so can't say. In some states you can just take it to you local highway patrol to get the VIN checked to make sure it's not stolen. Then you can get a title. That process is easiest if you claim you bought it out of state without a title. In some states you may need to forge a bill of sale signature or post a bond in case someone makes a claim to the title within a statute of limitations.
>>
>>15235217
prepare your anus in prison
>>
>>15234810
If the junkyard didn't take it it's got a lean on it or can't be titled
>>
The junkyard owns the whole property near it and the car was apparently there for three weeks, that was enough for them to claim it.

Fuck
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.