[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im looking at purchasing a Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 and I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 00303_jpio9uaVJwj_1200x900.jpg (105KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
00303_jpio9uaVJwj_1200x900.jpg
105KB, 1200x675px
Im looking at purchasing a Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 and I have a few in mind. All of them have a 4 speed manual transmission. Any Land Cruiser owners on here?

1982 Land Cruiser (pic related)
>mileage not posted in ad
>has a V8 conversion
>has a tad bit of surface rust on the rear end
>$3,500 or best offer

1984 Land Cruiser
>220k miles
>Suspension replaced
>desmogged
>Rust below the drivers door and in the passenger rear fender
>Fuel Gauge not working
>paint peeling on hood
>cracked dash
>$3,800 or best offer

1985 Land Cruiser
>170k miles
>2F 4.2l inline 6
>de-smogged and converted to throttle body fuel injection with ECM controlled electronic ignition
>new clutch
>Less than 1000 miles on the 32x11.50 Dunlop Mud Rover tires
>no rust damage but body has some surface rust over the rear wheels
>$4,995 or best offer

1986 Land Cruiser
>275k miles
>little to no rust on body other than on the wheel arches and tailgate
>Complete front axle rebuild with wheel bearings and brakes
>Rear shock tube replaced
>Head gasket replaced, full tune, filters, wires, plugs, no leaks
>New oil pan and gasket
>New tailpipe and muffler
>New fuel tubes in tank
>New radiator
>Old Man Emu Suspension
>interior is in great condition
>etc
>$6,000 or best offer
>>
>>15209458
Bump for you OP. The third or fourth one sound like your best bet as the whole point of a Land Cruiser is the Toyota reliability tier engine (eliminating #1). I will say that if the first one had a decent V8 it might be a good buy. Avoid the second one, don't buy from people who aren't willing to spend some time or money to fix their problems as they probably cut corners elsewhere too. Good Luck OP, and get on that rust repair ASAP.
>>
>no
>no
>no
>no
>>
>>15209492

let the weeb fall into the money pit

they have to learn
>>
>>15209523
if he's under 6'2" how do you expect him to learn?
>>
File: 01010_iyiGXTzjoET_1200x900.jpg (100KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
01010_iyiGXTzjoET_1200x900.jpg
100KB, 1200x675px
>>15209483
thanks and as for the V8... heres a pic of it
>>
Last two seem fine. I'd like an FJ, but too many projects and can't really afford to daily a sub 20mpg car.

>>15209496
? you don't have to be a weeb to like the 60.
>>
>>15209483

>reliability meme

god i love idiots
>>
>>15209593
Don't go anywhere near that car
>>
>>15209458
I'd go with 3 personally and mod from there but if you don't mind the high mileage, 4 is probably a better deal.
>>
>>15209458
you better have a ton of money to feed it.

its getting difficult to get parts for 60's.

go with an 80 or 100.
>>
>>15209605
Haha youre dumb
>>
Check ih8mud for guides on what to look for when buying a 60/62.
>>
>>15209930
>>15210232
werd
>>
>>15209930

its been difficult to get parts for those for over a decade now

and there is no real significant reliability toyota has.
the "reliability" not good enough to go and specifically looking for a toyota model.

its ironic how people who go for toyota don't actually know what they are doing and need that safezone feeling of brand name reliability which fits into their conjured, unrealistic image of vehicle ownership

hurrrrr "i dont want to pay $1500 for repairs"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.