[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, I've decided that I want to get a motorcycle. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Hey /o/, I've decided that I want to get a motorcycle. I've never ridden a bike before, so I'm going to take a safety course in one week. The bike that I want to get is a KLR 650 (used of course), but multiple people have told me that 650cc is bad for a beginner and say it'll be too much to handle.

What do you guys think? I'll be learning on a 250cc, so should I start there or ignore what people say and just get the bike I want?
>>
Bumping I want to know too
>>
The KLR will be perfectly fine. When people dont want bby riders starting on 600s+ they are usually referring to sport bikes or the such. Not single cylinder thumpers.

The KLR 650 is an absolute dog power wise. But you get a nice high seating position and a reliable engine and tranny.

I would say its an ideal first bike.

Have fun!!
>>
>>>/o/dbt
>>
>>15209124
If you can reach the ground comfortably, it's not a bad choice. It is tall and tippy, being that it's a dual-sport, but the power is easy to control and it's overall behaviour is mild.
>>
File: tiger6.jpg (138KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
tiger6.jpg
138KB, 960x540px
I did something similar OP, started on a CBR250, rode it for 6 motnhs and jumped up to a Triumph Tiger 800. I love the dualsport style. I dont regret moving up to a adventure bike.
>>
>>15209124
650 Dual Sport bikes are very manageable, even for an absolute novice.

Other bikes to consider if you can't find a KLR in your area (I hope you're buying used for your first bike!) are the following-

DR650
XR650L
DRZ400
KLX400
FG650 if you have the money
>>
I started out on a Honda American Classic Edition 750cc. I think the whole "Start out at 250-350" thing is mainly toward sports bikes.
>>
>>15209124
no, a 600 is a lot of bike. a 650 is a fucking dog. youll be fine
>>
How tall are you?
If you're a manlet consider something else.
>>
>>15209124
When people say that they're talking about 600cc Super Sport bikes like the Honda CBR600RR or the Yamaha R6. These are extremely unforgiving and really not suitable for beginners.

The KLR is perfect for beginners. The power wont suprise you, it's easy to ride and it'll probably outlive you.

It's like cars, displacement isn't everything. A 1.8L Turbo hatchback will most likely be much quicker than a 6L Diesel truck

I started on a 650cc Naked/Standard bike and that was more than manageable for a beginner
>>
>>15213011
5'10", king of the manlets.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.