[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically, how would you cope if legislation was passed that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 065.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
065.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
Realistically, how would you cope if legislation was passed that would cease production and sales of new internal combustion vehicles in America? Many things are obviously tied to legislation that big, like massively reduced importing of oil, huge spikes in prices for the remaining oil, and tax incentives for buying the new cars.
>>
>>15206220
>things that will never happen

I'd wake up because clearly I was dreaming
>>
>>15206244
you think that internal combustion will be fucking eternal?
>>
>>15206402
not in my lifetime
>>
>>15206402
By the time it's ruled out, people will already own all electric vehicles. A few collectors will get mad, but society doesnt care about the few.
>>
>>15206402
Until you've got tinyass nuclear reactors that can power trains and more importantly emergency generators, yes.
>>
>>15206220
I would laugh for days.
>>
>>15206220
>in America
you really think if after the ridiculous amount of shootings, they haven't banned guns because of gun company lobbyists, motor companies would just sit by with their thumbs up their asses and let something like that pass? Not to mention oil companies, that's a whole different story right there. They fought wars over oil, I don't think that just because a fancy new electric car came out that they would just drop everything and say "no more IC engines"
>>
I'd be happy as fuck, same as with people all moving over to self-driving. In 10 years, the only people who would be driving cars for real would be people who actually give a shit - you'd be able to spot a true enthusiast regardless of shitbox.
>>
Don't care.
New cars are shit.
>>
>>15206220
I'd cope by continuing to buy and fix up old cars like I have for the last 10 years.
>>
>Not making your own ethanol and biodiesel
>"car enthusiasts"
NORMIEES gET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
>>
Move to the countryside
>>
i've been hoarding old 2 strokes for just such an occasion
>>
>>15206409
unless the few are pan sexual trans pony curious
>>
>>15207287
>uses ethanol
>that literally rots your fuel system and engine
no
>>
File: REAR 150.jpg (84KB, 750x429px) Image search: [Google]
REAR 150.jpg
84KB, 750x429px
>>15207359
I remember my senior year I did my final project on how ethanol destroys engines and that we should cut it from out gas supply. Literally spent 15 hours and had almost 75 sources with a shit ton of pictures. 2/3 judges gave me a 100 BUT THE ONE FUCKING HIPPY TESLA DRIVING BITCH GAVE ME AN 80 BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT I WAS WRONG. SHE LITERALLY GOOGLED "Is ethanol bad for your motor?" AND SHOWED ME HOW THE FIRST LINK SAID IT DOESN'T.

I actually wound up filing a complaint with the school board and the the bitch didn't want to deal with me so she changed it to a 95. Fucking hate electrical car driving liberal shlong swallowing cock goblins. My last day of school I drove my gramps' RX-7 while I was working on putting a new exhaust on it and just smoked out the parking lot near her car as she was leaving. She threaten me and said I could get in big trouble for "trying to poison her".
>>
>>15207083
another possibility is that legislators will take some kind of twisted incentive to force all electric cars. consider the very VERY limited range of electric vehicles as they are [I know they won't be like this forever but for the foreseeable future they will], the Tesla with the furthest range can only eek out about as far as 320 miles, the Spark gets maybe 80 at the max. you force electrics and at least for a single generation you literally have a captive population that can't get out too far from their homes and completely discourages emigration or internal migrations because vehicles just CANT.

tl;dr forced electric cars are a way to guarantee for one generation of people lots and lots of tax dollars that cant go anywhere
>>
>>15206402
ICE's won't go away for a long time, our infrastructure is built for them and its going to take decades for electric to take over
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.