[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm lost /o/. >be me, in college >last friday >was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: rsx.jpg (13KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
rsx.jpg
13KB, 300x199px
I'm lost /o/.
>be me, in college
>last friday
>was driving my acura rsx, going the speed limit and all of that shit
>suddenly some woman is coming on the other side of the rod (not paying attention)
>shes moving way to close to me
>"ohshitnigguh.jpg"
>i move to avoid hitting her and hit a parked car
>my car takes most of the damage on the right corner
>cop who comes to the scene is a car bro who used to work with my dad (drives modded out 2014 camero with Nos)
>tells me that "best case scenario the tire rod is snapped"
>the fuck
>fast forward to the shop
>tow shop/ auto shop guy is a total needle dick
>says if i have them diagnose it they will charge me for the tow to move it from their own fucking lot 70ft to their own fucking garage
>rage intensifies
>what should i do /o/?
>i have a job atm but they said it could be alot to fix and they don't know if there is frame damage yet
>is it worth fixing a type s with 136,000 miles
>I love thew car but not the financial situation it will put me in
>>
>>15189036
Get it back from them, sell it for what you can and get something else.
>>
That's a shitty shop. Find another or do the work yourself
>>
>>15189048
I dont plan on letting them touch the car after examining it. and i plan on doing a good deal of the work myself.
>>15189047
that seems like it might be the plan but i don't want to go from that to some shitbox. (I'm on my parents insurance and they will not put a miata on their insurance
>>
>>15189061
Well what's the rate change if they did put a miata on?
>>
>>15189074
honestly have no clue. They just see 2 door, 2 seat sports car. and then see the insurance going up.
have any of you bought and insured a miata? does it cost much to insure at all? I know earlier ones are considered classics, does that make them cheaper to insure?
>>
>>15189083
Dude I pay 98 a month for a 06 mustang gt with full coverage and I'm 26. Surely a miata isn't gonna be that much. Also their rate might go up anyways because of this accident.
>>
>>15189107
yeah but you reached the insurance magic age of maturity. I'm still 20
>>
OP just part it out
>>
>>15189131
I've never paid over 140 for full coverage for any of my vehicles
>>
>>15189036
Don't you get rid of that car Op it's a fucking jem look underneath your car and look at your tie rods and ball joints and stuff don't listen to these guys you need to save her
>>
>>15189036
Just fix it at most parts would be 500 and thats worse case (broken strut, tie rod, control arm) plus why would you want a miata over a rsx-s the rsx has 2x the power and is only slightly heavier
>>
>>15189131
>yeah but you reached the insurance magic age of maturity. I'm still 20

Keep your credit score high too.

A high credit score also helps not because a high one shows reliability, but because a low score screams unreliability.
>>
>>15189389
>has 2x the power
more like 3x the power.
>>
>>15189036
Find a better mechanic on yelp. And don’t say “tire rod”, it’s actually tie rod.
>>
>>15189389
This would be the ideal situation. I have some mechanical skill from spending two years at tech school in high school.
>>15189688
Yeah that was my phone using auto correct
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.