[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody ever work as driver for the elderly? whats it like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: access a ride.jpg (1MB, 2729x1582px) Image search: [Google]
access a ride.jpg
1MB, 2729x1582px
anybody ever work as driver for the elderly?
whats it like? been thinking of applying for a job there
>>
File: aerotech bus.jpg (65KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
aerotech bus.jpg
65KB, 500x380px
>>15186450
I work driving a paratransit conversion bus for work. What do you want to know?
>>
Whats the gas milage on one of those?
>>
File: yPwZK6.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
yPwZK6.gif
1MB, 480x270px
yes do it
>>
>>15189492
Depends on if it's diesel or gas, and which gas engine it is. Some of our buses are powered by the 7.3 powerstroke, they get about 10 mpg. Most of them are 6.8 v10 gas engines, again, they get in the 10 mpg neighborhood. One or two of them are 5.4 v8s, and they do a little better, but not much. Sometimes around 12, I wanna say?
>>
>>15189597
We also have one or two newer diesels with the 6.0 powerstroke. That engine sucks, cannot recommend it.
>>
>>15189492
more than you can afford, pal
Diesel!
>>
>>15189293
Also, I go on shift at 1PM, and I'm going to be on til 9. I'll answer all your questions then if the thread's still up, but obviously I can't post and drive.
>>
>>15189293
whats it like for starters
do you get to leave on time?
what do you do for food if you are always on the road? do you always buy food?

how do you do for bathroom breaks?
how is it going around town in the truck? is there a GPS or something to help you out?
>>
>>15186450
I volunteered at the VA to help get out of a reckless driving charge. I rode in those vans a few times. It makes me depressed to work with old people
>>
>>15189761
I have a guy who drives public transit come in probably twice a week because one of his tards comes in and buys food, and we'll make him something super fast while he's hoisting the tard via the ramp into the bus.

lots of times in general, these public transit things stop in shopping centers or in front of restaurants. Call ahead and place an order, you can run in and pick up. Your boss may not like it, but it's the fastest way to get easy food.
>>
>>15186450
Just stop dumping them at Costco. Geezers get bussed there for the free food samples and clog up the aisles.
>>
>>15189761
Ok, I'm on layover, so I'll answer all of these in order.
>what's it like?
I get $18.50 an hour to drive around town. It's not terrible.
>do I get to leave on time?
If my passengers are on time. lol
>do you always buy food?
I try to pack food, but without a fridge, you pretty much have to buy food somewhere. We are supposed to get layovers to eat, take a leak, etc. It doesn't always work out, though.
>how do you do for bathroom breaks?
Go before you leave. Trust me.
>how is it going around town
It's tight, a lot of the time. You have to be very comfortable driving in close confines. There are a lot of blind spots on your bus you have to be aware of. The Econolines and the Express buses are functional on the inside, not designed for comfort/features. They're pretty old-school. We use a GPS unit called a Routematch Ranger that plots routes for you, has your schedule, etc. Don't count on it, though, because they fail... a lot.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.