[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you autofags use manual shift mode? I recently bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 969786789.jpg (110KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
969786789.jpg
110KB, 816x612px
Do any of you autofags use manual shift mode?

I recently bought my first automatic car because I needed a new car and a family member sold it to me for a good price. I drove a Celica GT-S 6 speed beforehand. Now I can't help but put the shifter into manual mode everytime I drive. It doesn't feel right if I don't work the gears myself.

Kind of nice not having to use the clutch tho.
>>
>>15185994
I do when I need to, came from a similar background to you as well except that I had a 00 Civic Si
>>
>>15185994
I occasionally bump my Civic's auto around, but I've never owned a car with a tiptronic/etc mode.

Paddles on regular autos drive me nuts though, it just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>15185994
Only when I'm going downhill and don't feel like braking. Otherwise, just use D.
>>
After using only manuals for like two months, then I bought a commuter Accord.... feels like shit hearing the engine rev and you not being able to do anything about it.
>>
i did oin a rental car in hawaii

was ok, was jelly of all the harleyfags tho
>>
File: laughing-girl.jpg (39KB, 163x291px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-girl.jpg
39KB, 163x291px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGGE34qlAyA
>>
>>15185994
Is there even a point to this? Wouldn't it be faster to just leave it in D instead of using this or paddle shifters?
>>
>>15185994
Enjoy damaging your transmission using manual shift mode. Newer cars with this technology have started implementing rev-matching at least.
>>
>>15185994
for anything but backroads driving it is pure autism
>>
>>15187209
Or learning to drive stick

You can learn the powerband and when to shift, and just pretend push in the clutch during shifts and foot off gas.

Or if you want optimal gas mileage, then you can shift yourself at the appropriate times since sometimes the transmission likes to hang onto gears.
>>
>>15185994
>Celica GT-S 6 speed
An awesome car. Why did you sell it?
>>
>>15185994
I've been driving for about 20 years and just got my first auto a few months ago. I've had a go at the "manual" shifting but it just feels silly.

The only time I've needed it was when leaving it in second on a steep descent.

Bit of a gimmick
>>
Got with paddle shifters. Shit with stick.
>>
>>15186453
Not really even on newer cars they never shift when You want them to. My gf has a 2012 gti and I always put it into flappy paddles mode, or I'll start driving and get a couple fucked up auto shifts and just bump it over and do the work myself
>>
File: 1447194531395.jpg (183KB, 1260x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1447194531395.jpg
183KB, 1260x1024px
>>15185994
>Kind of nice not having to use the clutch tho.
that's half the fun
>>
>>15188441
l have that car. l cannot fathom my brethren who has now traded it in for an auto Mazda.
>>
>If you want to daily drive , auto is good don't bother with tiptronic crap just leave in D.

>If you want backroad or track fun buy a manual.

>If you can't get to grips with a manual then sports cars are not for you , find another sport.

>If you've spent time in manual sports cars and feel like you can't be fucked with shit and your just lazy get a DSG box.
>>
>>15185994
>Do any of you autofags use manual shift mode?

No, because the times that I would switch my automatic into manual transmission mode would be to take advantage of engine braking. However, engine braking is specifically not recommended for my car. Thus, I don't bother using the manual.

I've seen reviewers of my car on youtube driving it in manual while talking about the car. It does have rev matching and doesn't switch into a new gear that is badly matched. But it will stay in a badly matched gear until I brake and it it electronically downshifts for me. Yes, it is a modern brake by wire and transmission by wire car. The only thing left is 100% steering by wire, but it only has that partially implemented (stay in lane control or parallel parking assistant). It doesn't have Tesla or Google's 100% steering by wire features.
>>
>>15185994
>Do any of you autofags use manual shift mode?
Only for descending a grade
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.