[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are 4x4 worth the extra money if you don't plan on doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 4x4 logo.jpg (7KB, 360x149px) Image search: [Google]
4x4 logo.jpg
7KB, 360x149px
Are 4x4 worth the extra money if you don't plan on doing any off roading or towing?
>>
>>15184844
Obviously not?
>is a race car worth it if you live in downtown new York city?
>>
File: 20150927_143653.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20150927_143653.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>15184844
Fuck no. I bought my Suburban thinking I was gonna have off road adventures, but since I lived in the Suburbs, I used the 4x4 maybe once or twice.
Also towing doesn't make a difference.
>>
No and its actually bad for the components if they are never used.
>>
Adds to the resale value other than that no
>>
>>15184870
well yeah, you bought a suburban, it couldnt go offroading stock anyhow.
>>15184844
if your into trucks and how trucks look then get a tacoma or a 4runner, everything else is mostly trash(used)
>>
>>15184844
Only if you look at resale value, I've driven a 4x4 truck two years and only engaged 4x4, 4 times? 3 of those I didn't have to, 1 one of those I absolutely had to because I was stuck in a ditch.
>>
>>15184844
Yes. It's something you don't absolutely need until you really need it. It's like asking why would you purchase a pistol you don't plan on killing somebody.
>>
Use public transport
>>
>>15184844

Do you drive through mud or snow regularly? If so then yes. It's pretty damn nice to have if you slide into a snowy ditch or get stuck in a mud hole.
>>
ITT: People who have mild winters
>>
>>15184894
Depends on the style. Some stay lubricated even when not in use.

>>15184844
Unless you have lots of bad, snowy/icy winters, no.
>>
>>15185192
>>15185220
Naw, I'm in the South so no snow (unless mother nature throws us a curve ball) and like I said don't plan to go off roading. So no real chance of getting stuck in mud. Only reason I asked was the only trucks I was interested in on the lot were 4x4s.

Thought maybe I could haggle them down more getting a truck just sitting there vs. them finding me a 4x2. But I think I'll go that route.
>>
>>15184870
I swear the tr6 is the happiest looking car around.
>>
>>15184999
bad analogy
>>
Dont get a large vehicle if you dont plan to use its full potential, being a driver i appreciate being able to see the cars infront of the car infront of me, makes it hard when there is a large car infront. Just out of courtesy
>>
>>15184999
Why would you buy a fire extinguisher, are you expecting a fire
>FTFY
>>
>>15185219
i live in a hellwinter part of canada and dd a yaris because my 4x4 is fussy and doesn't always start in the cold, come at me
>>
>>15184870
It does if you're towing shit not on a street

Also suburbans are shit for basically all offroading because of their weight and distance between tires.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.