[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my white trash neighbor hit my car with two different vehicles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cup-of-rage_01.jpg (156KB, 340x444px) Image search: [Google]
cup-of-rage_01.jpg
156KB, 340x444px
So my white trash neighbor hit my car with two different vehicles over a period of 2 months while my car was parked in the assigned parking lot. They slammed their car door into my rear passenger quarter panel 8 times amongst the two cars.
>I provided pictures to the insurance company with matching color samples.
>I provided pictures of their doors' damage and how it lined up perfectly with the damage on my vehicle.
>I provided a witness statement who saw it happen 2 of the 8 times with me seeing it happen 3 other times of the 8 times.
>I provided time and day evidence that fits their work schedule to prove they were arriving home at the same time the damage was witnessed to have happened (by other witness, not myself).

>They provided one written and notarized statement saying "I didn't hit his car." Literally, that was it.

I lost the case.

Why? How?

>general auto rage thread
>>
>>15177844
>not living in a house with a driveway
Pleb.
>>
>>15177855
I fucking wish man. I fucking wish.
>>
>>15177844
Welcome to automobile ownership
>>
>>15177844
If they've done it so much they will do it again. Hide in the bushes and record them or get one of those dash cams that start recording when it senses vibrations

Then keep slashing his tyres every night and he'll eventually get the point
>>
glue a ball from a bb gun inside of his nipple caps
>>
>>15177844
They denied it because you play softball like a pussy. Get your insurance involved. Get a lawyer. Why are they going to just give you money? Because you said some shit? Because you "proved" it? No. They only give money out when a judge orders them to by force of law or when they know a judge is going to do so. They know you are the kind of soft faggot who will cry on the internet instead of getting your insurance and a lawyer to take them to court. Grow up.
>>
>>15177844
>I lost the case.
>Why? How?

The judge made a decision that your circumstantial evidence was insufficient and possibly unusable. That then left only the witness statement. Witness testimony is often denied if they are relatives or friends due to the huge proven unreliability factor.

Remember, innocent until proven guilty. If statistically true that family and friends lie over 50% of the time, or embellish facts, or withhold facts, or cherrypick facts to defend their friend at least 51% of the time in past court cases, then of course it is quite reasonable to apply "innocent until proven guilty" and 49% proof is not even halfway.

As for the dents, you have to show that they were not there BEFORE and your witness probably didn't and cannot prove that. Thus, your witness only saw a door gently hit the same spot that already had a dent caused by someone else's car of the same color. It would be unfair to frame your white trash neighbor because of "innocent until proven guilty".

Proof means 100%. If it was rich man who hired the judge's friends, then probably 80% would be good enough. We all know how well connected people often have advantages in court decisions unless there is too much media scrutiny for the judge and prosecutor to be biased.

What you needed was your insurance company to go after them and not yourself. In that case, the other insurance company would think the cost of defense costs XX dollars and would simply settle out of court for half of that for a savings. But if you represented yourself, they will roll over you figuring you are unable to spend enough money to make it worthwhile for them to settle in order to not have an expensive court fight with experts testifying and counter-testifying.

USA law sucks. It's why poor but innocent people get convicted by rich people simply because the cost of defense was too high.
>>
>>15177844
As others have said, slash their fucking tires. That is ridiculous as hell. Just go out at night after a few weeks, deflate them with the valve stem, take a good sharp knife (Not your fucking butter knife, it needs to be like a good sized, sharp combat knife), stab it in, and pull.

When the police come, your statement needs to be

>"I didn't slash his tires"
>>
>>15182054
>somebody hurts my car
>should slash his tires!
lol. cmon man honestly its not worth getting yourself riled up. if it wasnt gonna happen at home it was gonna happen at public parking lots anyway, just move on and remember its part of the cost of living

literally every month i notice a new "scrape" on my car from city parking where some dumbass didnt know how to fit his vehicle in the spot and had to scrape mine. I've got it on 3 corners, just give up man some people are morons
>>
>>15181314
the burden of proof for civil cases is pretty low, "the preponderance of evidence" not the criminal standard "proof beyond a reasonable doubt".
>>
you can't install a security camera? Put parking cones on all sides of your car. I would personally just throw "ninja rocks" at all four of their windows right before I actually turn on the camera
>>
Get a dashcam that has a motion sensor and mount it to your side of car they hit more often. File another claim once you have video evidence
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.