[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, I'm new here but was looking for some advice.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Hey /o/, I'm new here but was looking for some advice.

I have a 2007 is250 AWD with 100k miles exactly (just hit 100k the other day). I'm moving pretty far across the country and I'm not sure if I want to take it with me. It's been a good, reliable car for me.

I've added an Invidia axleback exhaust and a K&N short ram intake, but that's really all I've done to the car.

My dad needs a new car and says he will actually buy the car off me for $13,000 which I believe it more than i'd get if I went to a dealer. The car is in great shape interior wise (I keep it super clean and it has no damage basically), the exterior is also good but the paint could use some touching up. Mechanically it works well, it needs new brakes and a shop told me I needed to cut out some rusted exhaust pipe closer to the cats.

Should I sell the car to my dad? I'm moving to the San Francisco area in about 2 months. If I sell the car to my dad, what should I get? I considered an Infiniti G35 or an is350 with more miles, but I'm not sure.

I'd like to have a more powerful car without sacrificing the interior basically. The interior and comfort is important to me. A coupe is fine, I don't usually drive more than 1 other person. AWD is nice but not a must. I think I'd be willing to throw in $1,000 on top of the 13 my dad would give me for the car, so I could go up to 14,000. Let me know if I forgot anything...
>>
>>15161273
bump
>>
>>15161273
how much money are you going to spend on this new car?
>>
>>15161609

>>15161609
whoops

I'd say keep the IS250 because you aren't going to find anything as good for $14,000. Why are you only spending $14,000?
>>
Sell car buy an is300 they look way cooler
>>
>>15161273
keep the car. and why on earth would you want to move to san francisco?
>>
>>15161623
Because my dad would give me $13k for it, and I have $1k of completely disposable income right now and don't want to take out a loan or anything like that.

>>15161733
For a job, I'm getting paid $90k a year right out of school and they're paying for me to relocate. I'm going to live just outside of SF though in a smaller city, I just said SF to make it easier.
>>
>>15161273

well, as a local, let me say a few things:

1. parking is a bitch in SF, and your new car will be dent'd and ding'd after a while
3. TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC...get something comfortable, moderate size, and definitely automatic for daily commute.
3. i'd get a shitbox for daily commute, and a nicer car for the weekend.
4. be prepared to hate humanity.
>>
Why do these threads exist. Can you really not pick out a car for yourself. I want normies to leave.
>>
>>15161273
>2007 is250 AWD with 100k miles
>he will actually buy the car off me for $13,000
Good for you, but shit deal for him. I recently bought a 2007 IS350 with just under 72k miles for $16k.

>I'd like to have a more powerful car without sacrificing the interior
>Infiniti G35 or an is350
Both of these seem to satisfy your criteria. IS350 is actually a bit faster but won't feel as sporty to drive (lacks steering feel, no manual). There's more tuning potential with the G.

>moving to the San Francisco
>AWD is nice but not a must
No shit. You could ride a Ninja with bald tires in Frisco.
>>
>>15161733
California is a sinking ship, but it sounds like he has a decent gig lined up. I'd rather do Bay Area than SoCal...
>>
>>15162856
90k a year in SF is nothing sadly

expect to live very frugally
>>
>>15164521
This is true. He should get by though if he's smart. Work your way up, look for that raise.
>>
>>15162856
North Bay, East Bay, or peninsula? If you're commuting in from the East Bay or Mid Pen someone is going to crash into you, from the North Bay your odds are much better
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.