[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know if these things are trash? I'm looking for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: kkkkkk.jpg (157KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
kkkkkk.jpg
157KB, 800x600px
Anyone know if these things are trash?

I'm looking for an old POS that I can drive into the ground / roadtrip while I rebuild my RX7
>>
>>15161239
>if these things are trash?
They're GM so of course they are.

I can also assure you that if you like sports cars you'll hate every second of driving one since they're absurdly mushy while also being gutless. Unless they're paying you to drive it look elsewhere.
>>
itll be reliable assuming it hasnt been neglected for 20+ years

youre not going to be doing much driving it into the ground tho maybe leisurely strolling at a slow pace

its not going to be enjoyable to drive in any way
>>
>>15161256
This.
Also, if it has the diesel engine, avoid it like the plague. The gasoline engines are decently reliable though.
>>
>>15161264
It's got a gutless 307.

The guy that is selling it is about 80, says he bought it new and drove it between kamloops and edmonton it's entire life.

>>15161252
I mainly am looking for something that I can go camping/sleep in, and the only other thing that seems to be able to be able to have a bed in it is a van, and I'm not going to spontaneously change genders and have 4 kids to take to soccer practice.
>>
>>15161239
>buying worst wagon
If you wanted something cheap and domestic that doesn't have a horrible engine, i present the ultimate land barge, the Crown Victoria Country Squire
>>
File: mfw.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>We're going to look back fondly on crossovers 30 years from now just like we do with 80s wagons and 90s 4x4 SUVs today.
>>
>>15161408
>We're going to look back fondly on crossovers 30 years from now just like we do with 80s wagons and 90s 4x4 SUVs today.

no one does this?
>>
>>15161280
>It's got a gutless 307.
slow, but reliable.
>>
>>15161425
Hop onto craigslist and try and buy any 4weebsrunner for anywhere near a reasonable price then.
>>
File: Chevycap.jpg (35KB, 603x403px) Image search: [Google]
Chevycap.jpg
35KB, 603x403px
Reliable if cared for halfway decent. Easy to work on. Cheap parts. Horrible gas mileage. Comfy as all fuck. I want one. Who cares if its slow and smushy? I drive slower with each passing year anyways.
>>
>>15161451
ok in my 2 second search

>1998 toyota 4runner $2000
>1995 Toyota 4Runner $1500
>1992 toyota 4runner $1600
>1990 toyota 4runner $2500
>1994 toyota 4runner $1300
>>
>>15161473
Meaningless without links. They could be 2wd or completely trashed.

Obviously b8 anyway since no one legitimately thinks 4runners don't have a cult following among the off-road crowd.
>>
>>15161541
salty af

sorry youre retarded and think your shitbox is worth something

youre oen of those I know what I got faggots
>>
>>15161551
>Implying I own a weebrunner
>Obviously posting exceptions to the general trend of the market and or trash heeps that no one wants

Sure thing buddy.
>>
>>15161473

>toyota
>not even the right side of nippon
>implying I'd buy a japanese car that doesnt have at least two doritos inside.

>>15161460
Yeah? I mean I've heard that the 307 is actually one of the more efficient v8's that GM made. It would get better mileage than my RX7, and a ton better than some of the other shitty GM Astro Vans and shit that I've been looking at.

>>15161541
I don't really care about resale value, I'll probably be the last owner of most of the cars I have.
>>
File: urafaget.png (860KB, 1627x895px) Image search: [Google]
urafaget.png
860KB, 1627x895px
>>15161574
nope

I guess you can keep on living in denial tho
>>
>>15161618
>Hasn't been on the road for a year
>"rusted use for parts" in ad clearly involved in collision on passenger side
>no motor
Not even going to bother looking at the rest since there are planet of examples much higher priced and you've proven to be an insufferable faggot autist who can't admit he doesn't have a clue already with your deception.

Made me waste time/10
>>
>>15161662
sawlty
>>
>>15161696
>t. Pinocchio
>>
>>15161662

It's a japanese SUV from the 90's, why the fuck would it ever hold value anyway?
>>
>>15161280
>The guy that is selling it is about 80, says he bought it new

I'm already sold desu
>>
>>15161252

Spoken like true japcrap

They're boring and mushy, but they'll last forever if you actually maintain them reasonably well.>>15161252
>>
>>15161833
I'm in complete agreement, hence my weebtax inference.
>>
File: iKqD6QL[1].jpg (514KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
iKqD6QL[1].jpg
514KB, 1600x1200px
Hey, I have one of these!

It's an awesome car man. Never had any issues, it's just not getting the gas mileage it's supposed to. Pull the trigger, you wont regret it. It's the only GM vehicle I've owned that wasn't shit. Just be prepared for slow hill climes, I want to swap a series 2 L67 into mine
>>
>>15162910
Yeah, I'm not expecting a racecar.

Just a comfy experience for my girlfriend and dog.
>>
>>15163222
Do it, car is maximum comfy. It's like the bumps aren't even there. There's just no cup holders, but >eating/drinking in your car
>>
>>15163252
Yeah? What about the carb? Is it decently reliable?

I've had nothing but issues with the carb on my rx7, which I know are notoriously bad, but still.
>>
>>15163342
I've not heard much about the carb, just that it has an electric choke and a throttle valve cable. DESU I should probably check mine out
>>
>>15161239
you'd get mad GILF pussy, get it or you're a faggot
>>
>>15163383
gotta love them gummers
>>
>>15161460
this. my thoughts exactly
>>
>>15161280
Reliable and maximum comfy for the interior. They run forever even if you treat it like shit.
>>
>>15161239

B-body wagons are fuckin awesome.
>>
File: oldsquadrabog.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
oldsquadrabog.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
>>15163342
>carb
It'll have the electronically controlled Quadrajet E4MC with the vacuum operated Idle Load Compensator that was on the Olds 307's.

Sore points with the QJ are leaking main jet well plugs causing hard starts in the morning, throttle shaft bore wear, TPS's that fail constantly, and prone to airhorn and body warpage from apes tightening the shit out of the bolts at the front. Evaporative Emission Purge valve like to blow out and allow fuel to be sucked directly from the float bowl. And the Olds installs have a vacuum hose complex on the right rear of the intake that likes to develop leaks and make the thing misfire on cylinder 8.

I worked on them back in the early Nineties and the carb isn't too difficult but it does have some quirks so that you really should have somebody knowledgeable do any work. Adjusting the Idle Load Compensator properly was a whole process and an art in itself. Good luck with all that now. Also some required tools are no longer available new so that complicates matters of repair.
>>
You're welcome.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.