[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I get the condensation out from the inside of my headlight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160529_121338.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160529_121338.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
How can I get the condensation out from the inside of my headlight?

I tried a hair drier but it didn't seem to help. Do I just need to press on with it?
>>
>>15160949
It's low on blinker fluid
fill it up
>>
take all the bulbs out and shit leave it in a tub with silica gel granules that WILL work although it's highly impractical and there's a good chance you _don't_ have silica gel granules lying around...
>>
Have you tried compressed air yet annon?
>>
File: liz_mau5_car_hoods_chicago.jpg (225KB, 1242x1424px) Image search: [Google]
liz_mau5_car_hoods_chicago.jpg
225KB, 1242x1424px
>>15160949
>How can I get the condensation out from the inside of my headlight?

If the inside is totally soaked everywhere, then a little more liquid won't matter. At that point, you inspect the insides to see how much grit and other stuff is in there. If a lot, then you might take distilled water to clean the thing out and wash out any mineral deposits on the inside of the lens. You can shake out a thin smooth lintfree-type microfiber cloth to make sure it has no loose lint and then dry the insides.

If you use microfiber to dry or clean the outsides near the bulb holes, it is important that it have no microfiber lint because the heat of bulbs can melt microfiber lint (as it is not heat resistant). After cleaning with distilled you take the air compressor in your garage and blow a gentle stream of air into there to dry it out faster. Do not rub the reflective insides as they scratch easily.

The best way is to have high purity methanol as the drier. It is hygroscopic, so you would put in 99.8% purity methanol (chemical supply house), swish it around, and dump it out. Most of the water will be gone. Repeat. The methanol evaporates without leaving residue.

If the inside plastic lens is fogged with a nasty coating, you might scrub it clean with microfiber. For the desperate people thinking outside the box, you can take a small metal washer (use several if not thick enough) and wrap a small piece of microfiber around it. Drop that in the hole. Now, on the outside of the lens, move another magnet around and the washer will move around the insides cleaning the inside of the lens. Nice trick, eh? Rub a dub dub. Ruuub, rub. Is it clean yet? You'll probably have to clean off that microfiber washer several times before all the grime inside is removed satisfactorily.
>>
>>15161750
That microfiber around the washer would probably be made by sewing a small piece of MF into a pocket shape for the washer.
>>
>>15160998
This
>>
Put it in the oven at 200 for 30 minutes, separate the lens with a flat knife and clean/reseal with rtv
>>
Don't buy a crappy chinese car made in mexico
>>
>>15160949
get glass headlights m8
>>
>>15160949
replace the lighter fluid
>>
>>15162376
>that hood scoop
It's a Japanese car built in Indiana

>>15162432
I would but nobody makes them for my car
>>
Fill it with rice. Seriously.
>>
>>15164699
this.
Its like poor mans sillica gel.
>>
>>15164699
>Fill it with rice. Seriously.

Grains of rice leaves dust and scratches on the shiny metal coating.
>>
>>15164753
You do the same thing you do when you accidentally drop your phone in the water.
>fill plastic box with rice
>gently set object on top
>put lid on box
>wait until dry
>>
>>15164096
so pretty much a Chinese turd built by mexicans
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.