[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/, /fit/izen here. Am I a retard? I have a 06 IS350 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 240sxcl.jpg (23KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
240sxcl.jpg
23KB, 450x450px
Hi /o/, /fit/izen here. Am I a retard? I have a 06 IS350 and im thinking about selling it to get a modded 240sx like pic related or vid related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TBc78UZw2s&t=1m53s

The 350 is way better as a daily and way more practical but I want something lightweight and 500hp with that upswept exhaust to get stupid in.

I'd have to daily this and winter drive it (Chicago)

So yeah, from 1 to retardo how bad an idea is this
>>
>>15160497
Retardo
They're are better cars, especially if you live in the salt belt region
>>
>>15160497

Have both.
>>
>>15160503
Where's the salt belt?
>>
Follow your dreams man. I sold my practical dd to get a 93 MR2, couldn't be happier.
>>
File: 1449740692829.jpg (46KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449740692829.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
retardo

i dunno anon, it all depends on how long you can put up with having no luxuries at all in the 240, and if you'll be able to cope with how miserable it's going to be to to daily, especially in the morning

Can you even handle a car like that? Sounds like you're getting a bit out of your league in regards to driving skill.

go get a v6 challenger like every other pretentious normie
>>
Why would you swap out a nice newer DD for a shitty wet noodle chassis meme car.
>>
File: image.jpg (232KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232KB, 600x600px
>>15160548
I fucking love Medabots, Cyandog master-race
>>
>>15160529

cant afford double insurance, 2 garage spots, double maintenance yet

>>15160548

The only luxury thing I would miss is keyless access. No idea what commuting in a manual is like but my morning drive isn't bumper to bumper assfuck anyways because leave at 7 to get /fit/

500hp would be out of my league but I'd probably start this with a stock sr20/ ~300 hp build anyways.

V6 Challenger is slower than my IS350 lol
>>
>>15160497
getting one with 500hp means its going to be heavily modified.
can you trust your life in the hands of a retard with a few spanners?
>>
>>15160704
idk dude 240s get pulled over a lot if you're alright with that.

Would you consider trading in your is250 or an older is300 in manual transmision? That would be pretty cool
>>
>>15160497
It would rust away really quickly up there. Is there one you already have in mind that's already swapped to the SR20DET? Most USDM came with the shit KA24DE. Cheap cars to make into a track/weekend car, I kinda want to get one because I wouldn't be too upset if I totaled it or ragged the shit out of it. No way would it be my only car, though.
>>
>>15160497
>IS350
>Chicago

Can I ask you how the IS350 is in snow? I just bought my '07 a couple months ago and have yet to experience Winter with it.
>>
>>15161552

its fine if you get snow tires. With blizzaks I can do 65 on the highway with anything less than a full blizzard. You have to turn the traction control off though otherwise it reacts to any slip by cutting your power to 0 for like 5 seconds.
>>
>>15160554
This. After owning my Lexus, I could never go back to a sub-par interior. Too cozy mang.
>>
>>15161657
I think mine has all-seasons. Would that be suicide? Lol
>>
>>15161552
in chicago my rwd 08 is350 is shit.

I run ice x and if you hold the tcs button for 5 seconds it turns it off and helps alot
>>
>>15160497
>>15161684
Question for both of you...

Any problems with piston rings / carbon buildup or whatever? I've heard about this issue and hoping I won't run into it as a new 350 owner.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.