[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cringe story 2005 WRX >roommate says his bakes are making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 20160527_162654.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160527_162654.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Cringe story
2005 WRX
>roommate says his bakes are making noise
>so he orders a $800 kit
>kit is just painted OEM parts
>Look at his current brakes
>literally no pad, metal on metal
>strut is also blown and rusted

Why do people not understand preventitive mantience?
>>
>>15159560
Bought an f150 back in december of 15. Ran ok, did decent in snow (2wd) had sand bags in the rear. Did a tune up on it today, 4 of 6 spark plugs were loose. Plugs were not gapped correctly at all (.02 to .05 normal range .043 to .046)
>>
>>15159899
When I went to gap the plugs on my ranger, the plugs were all gapped at .070 to .080 haha except for one or two that were normal. It ran fine though. It actually got a misfire when I put pre gapped plugs in, but it went away when I replaced the fuel filter.
>>
>>15159560
>brakes and struts are wear items
>meaning they don't need replaced until their worn

Seems like he's doing it right OP, preventive maintenance is stuff like fluids and filters.
>>
>>15159560
so do you replace your pads when they are still perfectly fine?

Dumbass
>>
File: cancer.png (648KB, 800x657px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
648KB, 800x657px
CRINGE THREAD
>see this on the road
>>
>>15159560
Literally going through this with my gf as I type. She has yet to get them changed. She doesn't want me to wrench on it. She's been driving around for two weeks with worn brakes. You can hear the rotors scream with every pump of the brake. It's angered me because instead of her mother pushing an appointment for her car, she's pushing getting a damn outfit for her grad. Why didn't that time and money went towards getting some fucking brakes?

The worse part is that she doesn't understand the reason why I am angry. Shes neglected her means of transportation.
>>
>>15159560
Because why spend money if something hasn't gone horribly wrong?
>>
>>15163460

You went above and beyond even offering to fix that shit. You really can't let this stuff bother you. Women just don't think this stuff it important until something major fails. You just have to keep your mind right by remembering that it's not your equipment being neglected and when she dies in an emergency braking situation on the interstate, you can get a new one. I used to nag my fiance, then girlfriend, to get her oil changed when she went beyond the service interval. I even offered to do it for her for all of $20, but she was more interested in going about her girly business. That is, until she killed two engines. A few thousand of her dollars later and she's a whole lot better about getting her service done on schedule. Brakes are tricky though.. Maybe you could show your lady horrific brake failure car crash videos on Youtube? Best of luck.
>>
>>15163346
Magdump it with Buffalo Bore Hardcast out of my G20.
>E-e-end my suffering
>>
File: image.jpg (834KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
834KB, 1536x2048px
this is my 88 Subaru GL the front pads were completely non-existent. just did a pad slap because fuck it. 278k and still running strong.
>>
>>15160884
Nigga, having no pads for a month isn't regular mantience .
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.