[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do these handle high way speeds? There's this 2006

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 00Y0Y_8nJ1vUCYlFq_600x450.jpg (26KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00Y0Y_8nJ1vUCYlFq_600x450.jpg
26KB, 600x450px
How do these handle high way speeds?
There's this 2006 SS for sale on $2500 dollarooniepalloniewalamallonishikashamshooniestanwamslamdambamwhamthankyoumamiomis

is it like the legendary INTEGRA TYPE ARRU
ARRU?
ARRRRRRRRRRR?
Awoo
Awoo
Awo awo awo

Thanks guys! Haha! Im so exstatic i just cant Stand it! Im gunna I know I know I know I want to I want to AWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Gratze!!!
>>
File: 1425855235283.jpg (1MB, 2048x1901px) Image search: [Google]
1425855235283.jpg
1MB, 2048x1901px
>>15154736
GM BTFO!!!!!
>>
>>15154741
s-stop it!
my mother fucking dad died in a GM factory accident
>>
File: lmao.gif (1MB, 370x288px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.gif
1MB, 370x288px
>>15154741
>HORRY SHIT THAT FUCK THE BACK OFF'D
>>
ARE THERE ANY LESSER KNOWN CARS THAT MAKE GOOD TUNER CARS IN THE POOR PEOPLE RANGE
MY NAME?
JAKE.
>>
>>15154736

Mine handles highway speeds fine. Just make sure you check everything on the car because it seems like everyone who has owned one was a shithead. The previous owner of mine put on lowering springs without changing the struts so I wound up putting D2 coilovers on.

As far as your actual questiong, yea it handles highway speeds fine, routinely get up to150 on the 10 as long as there's nothing wrong with the car you'll be fine.
>>
File: ae8oh.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ae8oh.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
>>15154831
thats rich people range, asshole
>the camry was always pigfat and FF even in the 80s
What a joke, I thought I found the Ae86 of my dreams for sale, piccu relatedu
>>15154832
BUT IS IT THE DC2?
WHY DOESNT TSUCHIYA DRIVE ONE
>>
>>15154736
I drove a Pontiac G5 non-GT and did 90 fairly regularly in it. 75 through downpours we had around the Austin area recently and even through it sideways on accident coming out of a u-turn a little too fast. FWD snaps you straight (I guess a good thing if you WANT to go straight) and it got 30mpg average (mostly highway) with me driving like an asshole, I'm sure that will vary with the SS.
>>
cobalts are so pigFAT

also the 2006 SS is NA
>>
File: this actually happend.jpg (48KB, 542x299px) Image search: [Google]
this actually happend.jpg
48KB, 542x299px
>>
>>15154906
wrong ss
>>
>>15154736
I say this as a GM Delta nut

Avoid that specific one. It's an SS N/A with the 170 HP 2.4L

It doesn't have the bottom lip spoiler exclusive to the supercharged and turbocharged cars.
>>
>>15154736
its a piece of shit that will turn itself off and kill you
>>
>>15154914
what makes it bad
>>
>>15154914
Sounds like any other Cobalt then isn't it?
Still not bad for $2500 if it has low miles but the pontiac I was driving at 114k miles had so much shit starting to go wrong with it as I would expect from GM. Buttons stopped working, the oil light would flash on and off even though I would check it every day, if you closed the door too hard it would lock, shifts worse than my 92 toyota pickup with 202k miles on it, no AC but when I tried to charge it still had full freon and everything seemed functioning which remained a mystery since i didn't care, kept telling me airbags needed servicing, etc.
>>
>>15154736
Is that a Roush?
>>
>>15154933
>>15154944
Don't get me wrong, the SS N/A is better than a normal Cobalt. Just don't expect anything amazing.
Normal LS and LT Cobalts got the FE1 suspension, which is the softest, most comfortable, and the least involving for enthusiasts. These cars all got front disc, rear drum brakes and 2.2L Ecotec engines ranging between 145 and 155 HP depending on year.

SS N/A's come next in the hierarchy. They got rear disc brakes they share with the forced induction cars. It also shares the front brakes with the supercharged cars. All the SS cars got 5 lug wheels. the N/A cars got 17" wheels while the F/I cars got 18" wheels. Suspension-wise, the SS N/A is in the middle too, using a stiffer FE3 suspension, shared with the supercharged Saturn Ion Redline. The FE3 is a nurburgring tuned suspension, but it's not as sharp or responsive as the F/I cars. The SS N/A cars all got a 2.4L 170 HP Ecotec I4 with VVT. Unlike the F/I cars, it got the same transmissions are the base Cobalts, a Getrag F23 5 speed or a 4T45e 4 speed automatic

The SS Supercharged comes next. It gets the same brakes and 5 lug setup as the SS N/A cars, but gets a stiffer and better performing FE5 suspension. These cars got an easily tuned 205 HP 2.0L supercharged Ecotec. Transmission choices were Saab F35 5 speed manual or nothing.

The SS Turbocharged is top of the heap. Front brakes are Brembos. A benefit of the same deal with Fiat that netted the Corvette ZR1 with the same Brembo brakes as the Ferrari Enzo. SS Turbo cars got a retuned FE5 suspension, making it one of the best handling FWD cars out there. It held the FWD production record at the Nurburgring for a while. Engine is an LNF 2.0L Turbo with VVT and direct fuel injection. GM still uses variants of this engine everywhere. Where do you think the 2.0L Turbo of the new Camaro came from? The SS T/C also got launch control and no lift shift.
>>
>>15155054
fuck off back to re-ddit faggot

sage
>>
>>15155514
unsage
>>
>>15154914
this. dont bother unless it has an lsj or lnf engine
>>
>>15154736
We've had an automatic ss for a while, it's a solid car. The engine is powerful enough to have fun with, and the handling isn't too bad. Only drawback is the numb electric power steering, but overall it's a good car. Worlds better than the shitty base model cobalt.
>>
File: gm-crash.jpg (46KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
gm-crash.jpg
46KB, 620x350px
How do they handle? By themselves. As in the car shuts off and take you to your fiery death as all controls stop.
>>
>>15154873

There is both an NA SS and an SS supercharged until 2007 one is 2.3 l and other is 2.0 one does 173 hp SC does 205 and 200 tq

The 2008-10 SS's are turbos and do 260hp/260tq
>>
>>15156772
I did experience one time on the highway the Pontiac shut off, I was with a friend. Maybe if we didn't have so many wussies that couldnt turn without power steering (not that it matter much after a few mph), or brake without power braking it wouldn't be such an issue. It popped on maybe having to do with it being a manual in gear? Night time would be scary as fuck though.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.