[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the car speed limit within the city be lowered to 25

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Should the car speed limit within the city be lowered to 25 mph from 30 mph in most cities?

https://twitter.com/ProPublica/status/735440537705058304
>>
Pedestrians should stay the fuck off the road if they don't want to get hit by a two-ton hunk of steel.
>>
>be a retarded 70 year old person
>j walk anytime because you think people should bow down to you
>get hit
>die

Yeah they should lower the speed limit just for old faggots
>>
>>15144076
What if you need to cross the road?

What if the car jumps onto the sidewalk?
>>
>>15144069
No, people should have fucking common sense. These liberal shitholes are always coming up with new nanny laws. I never drive in the downtown, anyways, though, so it really doesn't matter to me. One thing that would make me mad, though would be making the national speed limit 55 mph again.
>>
Lower it so people become even more bored and have to text more while driving? Makes sense.
>>
>>15144083
all that rage
did your granny never bake you cookies
>>
>>15144120
t. Olga Bloskowski from Miami
>>
>>15144069
No. People who aren't cautious around thousands of pounds of steel and plastic being operated by distracted idiots get what's coming to them.
>>
>>15144086
>a person who is bad enough at driving to jump onto the sidewalk and mow people down will obey the speed limit
kek
>a person who doesn't yield to a red light and crosswalk will obey a 5mph lower speed limit
kek

People like you need mental help
>>
File: tumblr_nba8atHJDh1tyn992o2_540.jpg (111KB, 539x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nba8atHJDh1tyn992o2_540.jpg
111KB, 539x810px
main streets should be 45-50
residential streets 20
>>
Fuck no. Scientists have discovered a hot new way to virtually guarantee to not get hit by a car and it's called stay out of the fucking road.
>>
>>15144361
this is going to be yuuuge!!!
>>
>>15144069
I regularly go 50-60 mph in the city.

And you can't stop me.
>>
>>15144415
I think we can find a way to stop you, and make you very uncomfortable.
>>
Nope. Didn't do shit to decrease pedestrian deaths in NYC and ended up as a big city govt. cash grab (speed cameras fixed and mobile, moving violations). Most of them happen from turning vehicles where decreasing the speed limit has a negligible impact on accidents.
>>
>Live in Scotland
>SNP can't maintain roads for shit
>Used to be 60 past my house
>Later lowed to 40
>Then 30
>Now 20
>Literally no one cares, everyone still shoots past at 75
>SNP wastes a huge amount of money installing speed cameras
>3 cameras within 5 miles mowed down by trucks within a month, never to be fixed

When you reduce speed limits, it actually increases deaths as retarded pedestrians think "oh I've a 60% chance of living now instead of a 20% chance, I'll just run out in front of this lorry #YOLO"
>>
>>15144069
>implying drivers don't significantly reduce vehicle speed by applying brakes before a collision.

To hit a pedestrian at 35 mph on a 35 mph street would be virtually intentional
>>
>>15144069
>30mph under LD50 for all age groups

nah, it's fine
>>
>>15144069
It's usually the pedestrians that are the problem, not the cars. Drive anywhere in a city and you'll see the dumb shit people do. The worst is when they step out into the street at a crosswalk right in front of you when the crosswalk says stop. That shit is terrifying and it happens way more often than you would expect.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.