[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I did some googling about it and I haven't found a concrete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 2001_Mazda_RX7TypeRBathurst21.jpg (108KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
2001_Mazda_RX7TypeRBathurst21.jpg
108KB, 1024x717px
I did some googling about it and I haven't found a concrete answer Whether it's legal to import and rx7. Some people say it is some people say it isnt. I'm just curious before I go and buy one all nilly willy
>>
>>15137439
Thats for cars that weren't sold here originally
>>
>>15137533
the LHD and RHD versions have different safety things.
>>
>>15137538
This

The import eligibility list will specify RHD

Look at the R33 Skyline as an example
>>
>>15137533
Yes, but that doesn't mean all RX-7s are legal to import to the US.
For RHD JDM RX-7s you can only import ones made in 1991 and earlier, meaning you can only get a '91 FD or any FC.
>>
>>15137403
Let go of your weeb Initial D dreams and get a USDM model.
>>
>>15140691
Good luck finding one that isn't beat to shit and non-riced
>>
>>15140713
You really think it's going to be any different anywhere else?
>>
>>15140650
>register car as Canadian/Mexican
>enjoy their lax import laws
>get permit to drive inside the US if you don't live in a bordertown ($100)
>fuck federal laws
how come more people aren't doing this
>>
>>15137403
Just get an USDM one you weeb
>>
>>15137403
Just buy one already here.
>>
This is for you.
http://www.nhtsa (dot) gov/cars/rules/import/

And as far as anything else goes, it needs to 25+ years of age before importing.
>>
>>15141080
a jdm one is so much cheaper
>>
>>15143116
Because you can't import it yet
>>
>>15143132
keep it in a garage for a year
>>
>>15140735
>register car as Canadian/Mexican
that would require going to canadia or lmaomexico
FUCK that
>>
>>15143138
Importing it before it turned 25 makes it near impossible to register.
>>
>>15143138

They can confiscate it at the port that it arrives.
>>
>>15140721
Actually in japan you can find a clean rx7, skyline, supra, 300 ZX. But honestly OP just wait on the 25 yr rule then its a antique and you dont need to follow U.S emissions.
>>
>>15140735
Let me just call my family in Canada and Mexico so I can register my car to their address.
>>
Why is it illegal to have certain cars im guessing in america?
>>
>>15144867

You can have anything for offroad or race use.

To make one Street legal and have it registered and insured it had to have been imported and have crash tests done and meet whatever safety requirements/standards.

...or just flat out be old enough (25?)
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.