[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of the volvo s60 series? I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 31928780006_large.jpg (174KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
31928780006_large.jpg
174KB, 1024x768px
What does /o/ think of the volvo s60 series? I'm thinking of swapping my electronic faulty is300 for one of those, but i don't know how reliable and gas thirsty is the awd 2.5t from 2007.
>>
>>15085309
What kind of electric problem?
>>
There is a waterleaks somewhere that cause the hazards lights to go on anytime, even when stopped, and others minors problems, like the auto lights not working anymore, etc, and im not even sure its the waterleaks causing problems.
>>
>>15085385
Get it diagnosed and fixed properly and keep it. Is300>s60
>>
>>15085309
wtf is wrong with you? just get it fixed!! is300 is a rare find and excellent engine you twat
>>
>>15085416

Well for starters, the garage i went couldn't find the leaks, secundo it has already 141miles on the clock, and tertio it really, really suck in the winter and finally its an auto.
>>
bump, i just wanna know if anyone like his s60 turbo, i just don't wanna go throught another canadian winter with my rwd
>>
>>15085760
I own a 2002 S60 and a 2013 one.

The old model you're looking at is great comfy ride with an amazing straight 5 engine, especially if it has a turbo. In terms of handling it doesn't feel like the old wagons, it's far more refined and comparable to the BMW 3 series of that generation.

They're very reliable and safe.

Is there anything in particular you need to know?
>>
>>15085795

I was wondering if they were doing under 20 mpgs, which annoy me a bit with my straight-6, if you were having multiples minors eletricals problems, and if the awd was working well in the snow, this is the main reason why i wanna trade it.
>>
>>15085835
No it's not that thirsty.

No electrical problems except the alternator went at 200000 km but that's common.

Not sure about the AWD never driven it but that will use a little more than the FWD.
>>
If it's awd it's going to get around 19-20. Fwd around 24. Quick and comfortable but awd are hard to get parts for and are only auto. Also the stereo can't be changed.
>>
>>15085867

Alright. I don't mind doing regular maintenance and paying for it, but I was wondering if price part really were astronomical.

>>15085902

You mean like balljoint, driveshafts, suspensions parts, etc?
>>
>>15085835
Get snow tires and git gud. How are you getting such terrible mpg? All city driving?
>>
>>15085991

Almost only city driving, o2 sensor ded, and being late for work everyday.
>>
>>15085980
They sold 75% or more as fwd but the parts don't always Carry over. It really depends on the part. Axles for sure. Clean your maf sensor frequently for smooth engine operation, my girlfriends required a special Allen key to take it out but you can just use needle nose pliers on the outside and get to it. Everything required special tools. The oil filter housing was reusable and always got stuck on the block no matter how much you oiled it. Honestly when it works its great but when it doesn't they are a bitch.
>>
Which Volvo should I get for maximum comfy under 8,000$usd? mpgs don't better I just want comfort, I'm willing to wrench anything myself except transmission issues or electrical issues
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
>mfw the first generation is300 and s60 are the two cars I'm trying to decide between for my first car (that I'm gonna buy)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.