[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm trying to sell my 98 Saturn Help me find out how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1956x1180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1956x1180px
So I'm trying to sell my 98 Saturn
Help me find out how much it's worth
Pros
>88000 miles one it
>ac works
Cons
>front brakes tie rods and rotors need to be replaced
>interior needs to be reupholstered
>power windows don't work
How much would you sell it for?
How much would you buy it for?
Should I trade it in?
Should I fix it? How much do you think that would cost?
Thank you in advance, I wish I knew more about cars like you guys
>>
>>15085027
Why don't you fix it and keep it?
>>
bout tree fitty
>>
>>15085039
I'm considering it. I'm broke right now however. Had to move back in with parents (ugh) after breaking up with my girl. Just quit drinking too so I'm just trying to get back on track and not sure what my best options are. How much is it usually to replace the brakes rotors and tie rods on a 98 Saturn?
>>
>>15085027
Use kbb.com or Edmunds.
>>
>>15085069
You supply the parts, ill change them for $80
>>
hmm. each situation is different OP.

i'd say keep it and fix it until you can and get back on track. i know some people who sell their stuff as soon as theyre desperately in need in money. and theres nothing wrong with that! however, this is a car here.

lets say this:
you sell the car for $500. you go through that $500 in 3 weeks.
after 3 weeks: no car. which means ya gotta look again to buy another one

where meanwhile you could've kept your car and just work hard to get some money in your pocket

so i cant give you a definitive answer OP. that being said if you do want to sell your car check out kbb and Edmunds and go on Craigslist to see how much other people are selling your car model for
good luck man.
>>
>>15085027
what model Saturn OP?
>>
>>15085027
SL? SL1? SL2? Trim level does tweak the value somewhat. And just how bad off is the interior?

But my 2 cents just on the surface:

Fix the front brakes, tie rods, and rotors and the windows. Clean the interior as best you can, but don't go any farther. If you have small things you can fix in the interior, go for it, but you won't get the money back on anything major.

Don't trade it, old Saturns have pretty much no value to a dealership, it's going to go straight to a wholesale auction.
>>
>>15085069
$150 in parts for the whole job
>>
>>15087961
>you sell the car for $500
I'd pay $900 for that car especially with that AC.
>>
>>15088100
it was a hypothetical value. forgot to mention that
>>
>>15085027
I'd ask $2500 depending how bout the interior was
>>
>>15085027
I recently traded my 2000 saturn with 90k miles. My highest trade in value was 500. Don't even bother fixing it if you're planning on trading, the money and labor isn't worth it. Saturns aren't made to last more than 10 years, even the newer ones have shit value. You're approaching the point where random shit is going to start failing on a monthly basis. If you can afford to replace it, it's probably time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.