[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

car dead from flooded engine, was about ten feet away from higher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: rain.jpg (84KB, 780x430px) Image search: [Google]
rain.jpg
84KB, 780x430px
car dead from flooded engine, was about ten feet away from higher ground and the car shut off

Water won't go down for at least another hour.
How fucked is the car?
>>
Very
>>
>>15067487
Probably hydrolocked.
Time for a new car.
>>
Does it still turn over? How deep is it?
>>
>>15067532
Yeah don't try to turn it over
>>
>>15067487
Take plugs out and then crank the starter. Water goes out. Put plugs back in. Drive away....unless you tried to start it after it got full of water without taking the plugs out you miserable fucker
>>
>>15067541
Even if so the car is going to have electrical issues for the rest of it's life.
Pretty much scrap now.
>>
That sucks, but it shouldn't be too bad hopefully, especially if it isn't salt water.
>>
>>15067555
It's definitely possible that it's seized. What you should do next time you want to go through water is jimmy up some sort of shitty snorkel for the intake.
>>
water is probably around 3.5 feet or little more, water is from the rain the streets flooded.

I feel fucked, get off at 300am from new job still haven't even got my first pay check, life's shit.

There is a car that I can probably buy for 'round 500.

this sucks..
>>
>>15067582
Or OP could not try to drive through water no matter how shallow it looks.
>>
>>15067586
Get insurance to total it. if the water reached the engine then it deposited sediment on all the electrics around the floorboard. The car will never work right ever again even if you fix the engine.
>>
>>15067589
Yeah, everyone knows the saying, "better safe than sorry" for a reason I guess.
>>
>>15067539
Starter isn't powerful enough to do any damage. Just take a coil lead off or EFI relay so it doesn't fire
>>
>>15067634
You can still damage the starter, OP should pull the plugs to eject water first.
>>
well got the car back to the house, go back to work in 3 hours, but someones gonna pull the spark plugs and check it out for me.

hopefully it's not to bad. cars a chevy lumina if anybody was wondering or if you have some more insight.
>>
>>15067487
>running in water
Dead
>caught in water
repairable, not really worth it though.
>>
Going to shine a little hope, it MIGHT have been the electrics that stopped it rather than the water getting in.

When the flood subsides, pop out the spark plugs (all of them, but keep track of cable location) and spin the engine over with the starter for say 15seconds or so.

Pop plugs back in, stick in some fresh fuel if you feel inclined, and try and start it. If its fuck, its fucked, but it might go.
>>
Pulling the battery should be your first concern, electricity and water causes corrosion and dead electronics. Then open ecu, other various electronics and dry them well. When you're sure everything is dried, maybe after a day or two, you can attempt to turn it over without plugs
>>
>>15068183
>it MIGHT have been the electrics that stopped it rather than the water getting in.
>a little hope

>dashboard stop working
>fix dashboard
>ECU now burns rich
>fix ECU
>some other gremlin pops up.

I'd rather piss glass 2bh
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.