[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /o/, i don't come on here besides lurking a few times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 00g0g_kypeJyRGOq9_1200x900.jpg (72KB, 736x672px) Image search: [Google]
00g0g_kypeJyRGOq9_1200x900.jpg
72KB, 736x672px
hi /o/, i don't come on here besides lurking a few times so sorry for being new. anyways, i drive a 1999 Malibu and i'm sick of it, but i'm also a college student not trying to go into debt over some ugly 2015 sedan.

I listen to a lot of synthwave, post-punk, new wave, etc so i have a huge soft spot for cars with flip up headlights and hard, hatchback bodies.

favorite cars are the 1980's Supras, 1990's 240sx, and the Corolla AE86.

are any of these feasible for both a daily driver and a project car i can have fun with? I actually found an AE86 i'm in love with on my local craigslist (pic related), the seller says it's been a daily driver for years but it's got 180k miles on it.

so any info you guys could give me about getting into this hobby, and cars like these would be appreciated. also maybe other places to look besides craigslist? not a huge selection for those cars, i live in a small area of towns.
>>
240SXs have been all but destroyed by the rise in popularity of drifting and stancefaggotry. Same for AE86s. I can't help you a ton on Supras but I think the sticky has a bit of info on them.

>daily driver and a project car
I'm gonna stop you right here. You pick one, not both. Unless you plan on keeping the Malibu and driving the other car whenever this new one is together.
>>
>AE DRIFT license plate, parked in front of a blue subie with a window license plate

It looks clean but it's been abused. Stay away.
>>
>>15067265
ok, maybe not "project" car per-say, but i can't keep both. not enough room or money. i guess i meant to say is it possible to have a daily driver that's not hideous and boring, but also not insanely expensive?

i know you can't get everything you want in one car but i'd at least like to try and get close.
>>
File: 00b0b_ggm6prDt8RU_600x450.jpg (29KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
00b0b_ggm6prDt8RU_600x450.jpg
29KB, 600x400px
>>15067257
also found this on my local cl as well. 1985, 160k miles, clean title etc. he's asking 4500. this car would not be as reliable as a newer car though, right?
>>
File: 535768346.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
535768346.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
$6500, 120k miles, automatic trans. clean. should i check it out?
>>
>>15070143
yes
>>
>>15067345
1G engines have oil sump problems iirc
>>
>>15070193

implying it isnt a 5m
>>
why do you hate the Malibu

youre going to get an objectively shittier car with any of your suggestions
>>
>>15070143
>>15067345
They look cool and Toyota's straight sixes tend to be pretty reliable.

Look out for rust and age-perished parts.
>>
>>15070202
then he should haggle down to about 4k and 2jz swap it.
>>
File: 1438900789626.png (6KB, 369x369px) Image search: [Google]
1438900789626.png
6KB, 369x369px
>>15067257
>hi /o/,
what a fag

>i drive a 1999 Malibu
lmao what a fag

>I listen to a lot of synthwave, post-punk, new wave, etc
the fuck does that have to do with anything fag?

>favorite cars are the...
literally NO ONE cares

>wut car is gud
>spoon feed me pls

this thread will be 3-4 tripfags that are happy to spoon feed anyone who will read their posts

and 3-4 shitposters telling you youre a fag

make up your own fucking mind about wut is gud
>>
>>15070298
fag
>>
File: 551769745.jpg (48KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
551769745.jpg
48KB, 640x640px
>>15070218
it's boring / ugly, it's been giving me problems recently and the interior went to shit.

ignition problems, sometimes it doesnt start, there's a reocurring problem that makes the check engine light come on and i can't pass smog without resetting everything with an OBD monitor. interior leather was bad when i bought it but it's gone to absolute shit. have to have seat covers on permanently. i know all these problems can be fixed, but 20mpg and the ugly body / design of the car don't really make me care enough to give it proper love. only upside is it's somewhat reliable and it's got a lot of trunk space for bringing my snowboards up to the mountains.

>>15070249
there's a small amount of rust in this picture on the ad, the rest looks alright though. of course if i check it out in person i'll be more thorough
>>
>>15070298
at least you're aware you're a shitposter

i explained what everything had to do with my post.

fuck off.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.