[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for bikers: How do you handle sweating when commuting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (273KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
273KB, 2000x1333px
Question for bikers:

How do you handle sweating when commuting?

I'm thinking about buying something for daily commute when the weather's nice but I have a coworker that does that and he always comes to work smelly as fuck. Do you change clothes or do you have some other trick under your protective gear?

Subquestion:

What's your take on the Yamaha V Star?
>>
Where do you work?

Also, the vstar is super reliable. You'll have fun on it.
>>
>>15055510

I work in an office full of people, about 45 min drive away from where I live. And it's in England so I can't ignore the occasional shower on the way.
>>
>>15055502
Sweat is only an issue while you're stopped, as soon as you start moving you get enough air flow to cool off.
>>
>>15055521

It's not sweat during the drive that concerns me, but the residual smell once I take my gear off.
>>
>>15055531

If you need to be professional looking in any sort, a bike probably wont work out. Helmet hair, getting rained on, and gear smell are all a thing.

When I worked a retail job, I didnt get a fuck. But being in a suit now, it doesnt work out.
>>
I squid. Works pretty well and I get a sick tan
>>
>>15055550

What does that mean?
>>
I always wanted to make something that would go under a jacket to keep you cool. Like a shell with an airscoop over your shoulders that would funnel air into the shell and directly onto your back
>>
>>15055562
wearing little to no gear, except a helmet.
>>
>>15055562
he is a nobike, dont listen to him
>>
>>15055502
If I know I need to look good I take the liner out of my jacket so I don't sweat. Also no lower gear
>>
>>15055502

That's his problem for being a smelly lard-ass. Good thing I never smell from sweat alone no matter how much I sweat.
>>
>>15055502
Use baby wipes
Arrive early
Don't wipe your sweat off until you're done sweating.
>>
>>15055502
Bring change of clothes with me. Work in an office and meet with clients all day so have to look and smell nice. Office building has a gym with locker room and showers so I get there early on days I ride in and clean up first.
>>
>>15055562
Not wearing gear other than a helmet. Shit is heaps comfortable on a hot day.
>>
I live in Baton Rouge and I wear a leather jacket with a full face helmet. I do just fine. It's not that big of a deal.
>>
>>15055502
I wear a mesh jacket and nylon overpants in the summer, so I really don't sweat too much... In the spring and fall I wear a leather jacket with handy zipper vents I can work while riding. In winter... We don't have winter here.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.