[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of getting a 2008 honda cr-v with about 90k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
I'm thinking of getting a 2008 honda cr-v with about 90k miles. I want a reasonable crossover with reliability. Would this be a good choice?
>>
>>15048169
Get out you fucking normie faggot.
>>
>>15048169
If you want utility and reliability, get a minivan.
>>
>>15048247
But not a Chrysler T&C, at 90K the transmission is usually shot.
>>
File: 1462933908162.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1462933908162.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>15048169
You can hand in your self-esteem and respect now. Crossovers are the lumpen mushy inbred siblings of the sedan. It's literally the same vehicle but worse because people think sitting a few inches up makes them safer...
>>
Get either a minivan or an old Honda Passport or Toyota 4Runner you fucking idiot
>>
>>15048169
Do not under any circumstances get that car. I own one. It's shit, reliability is meh, the engine is too small to move it around, and yet it is super gas hungry. I could get better mpgs out of a v8 f 150
>>
>>15048431
jesus, ive owned the two previous generations and although a little light on power, they were great little cars. have they really gotten that bad?
>>
>>15048169
that's an suv.
just saiyan.
honda's crossover is the hrv.
>>
>>15051208
it got pigfat.
better get a mazda6 wagon.
>>
>>15051208
I get 20mpg on a good day, the "leather" on all the armrests is peeling off, even the passenger side which isn't used as often, the transmission can't decide on what gear it wants to be and takes a good 4-5 seconds to shift down when you step on it, the car bottoms out often somehow when coming out of parking lots, etc....

The previous generations were great, before this one I had a first gen crv and it was great. Fun little car, capable enough when the going got tough, spacious, and the interior held up great.

The big difference is that honda tired to make an acura, and that led them to make a car that was huge, but not very spacious, heavy, but not powerful enough, nice looking inside, but cheap in reality. It's not an honest car at all. It looks like a big suv, but it can only seat 5, it can't tow for shit, and it isn't comfortable.
>>
>>15051249
damn shame. i loved my gen 1, it was a beast. the gen 2 was pretty nice too, i finally got rid of it at 200k miles after it started having electrical issues (it was a salvaged title)

20mpg is shit, i get better mpg in my quad cab long bed tacoma
>>
>>15048169
Literally the most bland suv on the market

kill yourself
>>
>>15051279
It's retarded, they threw in a 2.4L four banger into a full size suv and expected it to do something. The older ones were smaller and lighter so a 4 banger wasn't a problem, it baffles me why they didn't at least offer a v6 option.
>>
>>15051290
well shit, honda has been on a roll with fucking up their cars then haven't they?

i had an MDX before i got the taco. briefly considered getting another acura, but it's too much of a soccer mom car now. the few saving graces mine had are long gone with the new model
>>
>>15051290
A V6 engine would have pushed the price up to the RDX levels (I4Turbo in 2008) which is a much better car. Looks better, drives better, and more mods.
>>
>>15048169
The reliability of this gen isn't THAT great (better than most American cars but that isn't saying much).

If you're looking at cars that old, you should look at a used RX350. A bit more expensive but it'll pay off since they're very solid.
>>
>>15048169
I bought a 2007 for my 18 year old daughter to drive to college. I got it purposefully because it's slow. She loves it and thinks it's the greatest thing ever.

Any car that an 18 year old girl in college thinks is great, you don't want.
>>
>>15048169
Get a V6 Rav4 or Xterra from around the same year. Better cars in every way, and still properly fun despite being SUVs.
>>
>>15051427
V6 Rav4s are great.
>>
Op here, i decided on a 2009 pontiac vibe. So, the issue is solved
>>
>>15051208
no they haven't, it's just not meant for a male with a lead foot. It's a woman's car and it only satisfactory to those who drive like women.
Not trying to be degrading. I drive like a woman and I'm pretty much happy with whatever car.

Some guys are just picky and angry all the fucking time.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.